• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new bunny! ID on colour please?

lisadunn

New Kit
I got this girl today from a family member who's children were no longer interested:roll:

Shes 2yrs old and was in with a male last yr, she got pregnant, but the babies didnt survive, am unsure whether she killed them due to stress as she killed the male also, he was found in the hutch dead. He was kept in the hutch with the female thru out the pregnancy and the birth.

Im hopefully going to get her neutered and in a few months find her a neutered male, if she will accept him:?

heres a few pics of her and was wanting an ID on her colouring,, I know she is a lopeared rabbit!
042-2.jpg

043.jpg

040-2.jpg

aww shes gorgous,

shes abit like my matilda tho tilly is a much paler almost white gray, but with dark ears and nose, and tils i THINK is a seal point

i may be wrong im sure someone who noes will be along to tell u :)x

What an odd story. Poor girl, whatever she has been through.

She looks like a light siamese sable to me.

Aw, havent got an answer but wanted to say she is gorgeous. What a sad strory, I hope she gets her happy ending. now that you have her, she is on her way to it, poor little thing

:(what a sad expereince for her, the male and her babies...glad she is with you and hopefully she will settle and relax and you will be able to find her a friend - take her dating at the rabbit rescues for sure!;)
Sorry - dont know about her colouring...:oops:

Poor girl, sounds like she's been through a lot. Sad about her mate and babies too. :cry: My first bunny was a siamese sable, a dark one, but I'd also go with that as her colour. Does she have a name? Shes scrummy!

thank you for the comments! her name is pepper,so think Im going to stick with that for the moment.. she hasnt had the best start, but hopefully she will settle here and longterm we can get her a bunny friend, I think the best thing would be to try a local rabbit rescue to me who do have neutered males.

Back