• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm running out of time!

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
To get my babies bonded into a 4 - or at least try to get them bonded!

I emailed a rescue over a week ago to see if they could help and they haven't come back to me yet and I dont want to chase them and seem pushy - but I'm panicking now that the cold weather is fast approaching and then it'll be too late to put them all outside together!

What should I do???

You still have ample time to bond them don't worry.

You could always try to bond them yourself? There is plenty of advice out there. It is nerve wracking but some rabbits bond really easily, some others don't. It might be worth testing the water?

You still have ample time to bond them don't worry.

You could always try to bond them yourself? There is plenty of advice out there. It is nerve wracking but some rabbits bond really easily, some others don't. It might be worth testing the water?

I bonded Jose and Rainbow together no probs, but that was easy. A rescue has tried to bond the 4 of them together before and it didnt work out, so I'm going to give it one more go....no chance of me trying it though - I'm far too chicken!! :oops:

I still havent heard anything and it's been about 3 weeks now since I emailed :(

I don't want to seem pushy and email them again. What can I do?

I go on holiday in about 4 weeks and I wanted them (hopefully) bonded and settled before going away, this is looking highly unlikely now :(

Who have you emailed hun? Maybe drop them another email? Its not us is it... :lol::oops: we have been mega busy with at least 2 fundraising events a week, we are having trouble fitting in the bonding of the rabbits people are wanting to adopt due to fundraising events been on a weekend and then a wednesday and its me and Vicky who have to do both the fundraising and bonding :? Nightmare.

I do think its worth another go, do you have a back up plan for if it doesnt, would you just want them back in their pairs again? I think as long as they are outside by mid September they should be ok :)

Paws crossed!! xx

Who have you emailed hun? Maybe drop them another email? Its not us is it... :lol::oops: we have been mega busy with at least 2 fundraising events a week, we are having trouble fitting in the bonding of the rabbits people are wanting to adopt due to fundraising events been on a weekend and then a wednesday and its me and Vicky who have to do both the fundraising and bonding :? Nightmare.

I do think its worth another go, do you have a back up plan for if it doesnt, would you just want them back in their pairs again? I think as long as they are outside by mid September they should be ok :)

Paws crossed!! xx

No it wasnt you dont panic :lol: Sounds like you're really busy which I suppose is good and bad :? :lol:

If it doesnt work out then I'll just buy a 6ft hutch/run combo for Jose and Rainbow as temp housing until I can get the garden sorted and some sort of aviary or kennel constructed for them

I go away for a week mid September so I'm kinda losing a week there to get it sorted. I just want to scream! Nothing ever goes right for me :lol:

just a suggestion but I had my 4 bonded while I was on holiday - so they went for a bonding / boarding holiday... as long as you can find someone to do it.
Is there anywhere half way to where you are going if there is no-one local to bond them? you could drop them off and pick them up on your way home.

Good Luck!

I think the second accommodation is a good idea as generally a bigger group takes longer to be secure and spats may happens weeks/months into the bond.

just a suggestion but I had my 4 bonded while I was on holiday - so they went for a bonding / boarding holiday... as long as you can find someone to do it.
Is there anywhere half way to where you are going if there is no-one local to bond them? you could drop them off and pick them up on your way home.

Good Luck!

Oooh good idea! Where did you send yours for bonding? As funnily enough, we're going to Great Yarmouth for our hols :lol:

Back