• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions on these runs please!

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
My friend is getting her two children a couple of bunnies..... she has been thinking about it for over a year and has now decided to get a couple of rescue :D bunnies. She has been asking me lots of questions and one being their accomodation. Its important that the children can actually get into the run to sit with the rabbits as they have done this with mine.

What do you think of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Rab...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item3f0bceb142

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RABBIT-GU...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item231234ac00

I'm not sure if either of them look particularly big.....:?

I dont think either of those are very big.
Is it just going to be used as a run? Or as permanent housing? If it's permanent then they are definitely not ok.

I had the second cage at one point as it looked huge in the online pics, got it home and put it together and it was tiny. The ladder takes up most of the floor space.

I think for the prices of those you could get a nice large run built by someone.
I had a recue bunny from a place that made everyone who got a bunny have at least a 10ft x 5ft x 3ft run, so I built it!

I dont think either of those are big enough. The indoor space is very small.

Mine have 6ft hutch and run combos and a separate run 7ft by 4ft for the grass. This run in 3ft high and my children enjoy sitting in it with the buns.
I got it from zooplus.

May2009015-1.jpg

May2009019-1.jpg

What about an aviary? Would probably be about the same price, bigger floor area and nice and high for the children.

What about an aviary? Would probably be about the same price, bigger floor area and nice and high for the children.

I would love an aviary! I hadn't thought about that for them, I'll have a look.

Agreed I think the coops are too small, they make them look bigger in some of the photos but there really isn't a lot of room.

My aviary which I'm going to attach to a shed arrived yesterday - I got it from www.aviarieworld.com and I'm chuffed to bits with it. It's 12*4 and 6ft high and was £237 inc delivery. He'll do things bespoke so you/they could ask for a run to be built to your exact requirements :) I didn't think that was a bad price at all!

Most rescues won't rehome to the type of accommodation you've linked to at the top - they're not as big as they look and the indoor space is tiny, which means that the buns have very little option for staying warm and dry when the weather is grim. I also think those hutches give the impression of being a hutch and run 'all in one' whereas in reality, they're not much bigger than a standard hutch, but with much less enclosed and dry floor area for bunny comfort.

Last edited:
I would love an aviary! I hadn't thought about that for them, I'll have a look.

Agreed I think the coops are too small, they make them look bigger in some of the photos but there really isn't a lot of room.

You can also get the panels so they can get closer to the size they want if they feel happy to do a bit of DIY to put them together :thumb:

My aviary which I'm going to attach to a shed arrived yesterday - I got it from www.aviarieworld.com and I'm chuffed to bits with it. It's 12*4 and 6ft high and was £237 inc delivery. He'll do things bespoke so you/they could ask for a run to be built to your exact requirements :) I didn't think that was a bad price at all!

Most rescues won't rehome to the type of accommodation you've linked to at the top - they're not as big as they look and the indoor space is tiny, which means that the buns have very little option for staying warm and dry when the weather is grim. I also think those hutches give the impression of being a hutch and run 'all in one' whereas in reality, they're not much bigger than a standard hutch, but with much less enclosed and dry floor area for bunny comfort.

That isn't a bad price at all, I though they were much more expensive! :shock:

My partner may suggest making one for her as he made mine. Mine is unfortunatley not the right size due to the space I have on my patio but is 6x2x2.

Back