• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns are fighting. Update: 1st Attempt Bonding Failed.

allie1904

Mama Doe
I've just collected Snoopy and Smudge from MILs and up until yesterday they were best friends. Today there has been a breakdown and Smudge is beating up Snoopy. Normally if they have a scrap then its Snoopy beating up Smudge. It seems Smudge has grown another pair of plums. They wouldn't go in the carrier together do are now separate in the car. I don't know whether to pen them when I get home or leave them to it. I need to get some hay into Snoopy pronto as his poops are terrible, but I'm scared if I pen them then Snoopy won't be able to get to the hay cos of Smudge. They normally sort themselves out but its normally the other way around...

Any wise words RU?

Bunny friend vibes please.

Last edited:
I don't know what to suggest hun.

Personally, I'd put them in a small pen and "re-bond" them. But you know them best.

I wish I was more knowledgeable!

Good luck with it xx

Whenever Smudge sees Snooopy he just attacks him...

They say a car ride in a carrier is good, but they tried fighting in the carrier.

Really not sure what to do..

If I pen them I think I'm going to be pulling them apart all day..

Never ever seen Smudge like this..

:cry:

Oh nooooo :( Maybe in their new environment (ie your MILs) Smudge decided to try and test the hierarchy.

Have they seen eachother yet this morning? It migjt be a case of rebonding them on neutral territory :(

(((HUGS)))

Aww that must be horrible :( how old are they? What has happened recently or what has been different for them that might have triggered the aggression?

Aww that must be horrible :( how old are they? What has happened recently or what has been different for them that might have triggered the aggression?

They are 1. They stayed at MILs whilst I was on holiday, they had a big double bedroom and were fine for 13 days but the day before I was going to pick them up Smudge started on Snoopy. Snoopy is normally the dominant bun and Smudge is normally timid but now it seems to have turned.

If the change of environment was to blame I would have thought it would have started earlier.

Juust saw it was Snoopy with the small poos. It could be quite telling that Smudge has started attacking him, especially as its so out of character. Maybe take Snoopy for a vet check before attempting to rebond, incase theres a problem brewing that Smudge has picked up on :wave:

Juust saw it was Snoopy with the small poos. It could be quite telling that Smudge has started attacking him, especially as its so out of character. Maybe take Snoopy for a vet check before attempting to rebond, incase theres a problem brewing that Smudge has picked up on :wave:

I agree.. And then maybe try rebonding in a neutral territory?
xx

Oh nooooo :( Maybe in their new environment (ie your MILs) Smudge decided to try and test the hierarchy.

Have they seen eachother yet this morning? It migjt be a case of rebonding them on neutral territory :(

(((HUGS)))

Not seen each other this morning no. OH has gone to work so need to get up and ready and set up camp in the living room. I'm just worried about how I'm mean't to neutralise a whole house, they have been literally everywhere. Even in the loft. Smudge is getting so angry, his tail is going in the air and everything.

Checked them both over. They both have a nip in exactly the same place on their sides, and snoopy has one on the oppopsite side also. I kept him in with me last night so I could keep and eye on his hay munching, and he has grazed loads and his poops have gotten a bit bigger but there are lots of them.

That's another reason why I don't want to pen just yet as I don't want him to stop eating, his poops were so pathetic yesterday evening I was getting quite worried.He's eaten everything I've put down and a big pile of hay so hopefully the poops will keep a comming.

They pee'd all over MILs bed :shock: she had a mattress protecter thank god but that's not like them either, Smudge sometimes but never Snoopy! I don't think Smudge was letting him get to the litter tray.

I just find it difficult to think that it could happen 13 days later, not in the beginning.

Yeh it is very strange :? Maybe they were unsettled at first but by day 13 were abit more secure and started testing the hierarchy?

Sorry Im not much help hun, I really hope they settle down. Maybe just have them next to eachother (but unable to get to eachother) for today, until youre sure Snoopy is up to rebonding xxx

Just seeing how we go for now, letting them finish their brekkies and have a graze first.

Smudge is happy as larry, came galloping out friom under the sofa for his brekkie.

OH is so laid back he's horizontal, he thinks it's one of their 'normal' tiffs but I know it's not. It's completely different.

He seems to think put them back together and they'll be fine...plonker.

Here's my beautiful boy this morning..Ate all his brekkie then flopped out in the bed for a snooze.

imag10301.jpg

imag1035.jpg

Yesterday the buns separated themselves, Snoopy didn't leave my side all day. He was flopped out next to me on the bed most of the day then did big binkies all over me. Where as Smudge stayed downstairs and came out when I went down to give him fusses and snuggles.

Smudge didn't come up and Snoopy didn't go down.

I didn't like this as it mean't that instead of having to tolerate eachother they were just pulling themselves further apart.

So I have had to pen them side by side :( Smudge tried going for Snoppy through the bat but there hasn't been anything since, haven't heared a peep all night from them.

Both have got fabulous poops now. Timothy hay is fabulous (and expenisive!).

and to be honest RU.

I really don't know what to do now.

How am I mean't to neutralise a whole house to rebond?! I can't.

They have been EVERWHERE.

You cant neutralise the whole house hun, so Im thinking take it very slowly. Have them side by side for a few days, then try them together in a very small space. Have they been in the bath before? If not that might be a good place to try them together at first.
Hopefully theyll just click again eventually :wave:

You cant neutralise the whole house hun, so Im thinking take it very slowly. Have them side by side for a few days, then try them together in a very small space. Have they been in the bath before? If not that might be a good place to try them together at first.
Hopefully theyll just click again eventually :wave:

They have been in the bath once as they wee'd over eachother in transport but I didn't think it was safe as they were trying to jump out and I was scared they would fall and hurt themselves.

I go back to work tomorrow and although I'm not doing my usual shifts, I'm doing 7am - 1.30pm until Sunday so it may be best to leave them penned for a good few days as I won't be able to leave the together until I know it's safe.

OH just isn't helping the situtation at all. We woke up this morning and he said

"shall I let the buns out now.."
"NO!" :censored:

Do I give them some single free range time or do I leave them completely penned.

The pens are on the smalll side :( Feel like such a cruel mummy.

Back