• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do your buns react to smelling other buns on you??

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Does that title make sense? :? Honey has started weeing in various places ie. On the bed and on their soft bed. It seems to correlate with when I've been with other bunnies... Does anyone have experience of this? I'm a bit concerned, as I'm getting two outdoor bunnies in a couple of weeks. Do you think Honey will get used to their smell on me after a week or two? I can't keep changing clothes etc when I go between the two sets of bunnies!! :?

Last edited:
Nutmeg used to, she's stopped now. Unless she sees or hears the other two she's relatively unconcerned about it. She will pee though if she gets near their door.

The first few times I'm sure each set of buns will be a bit confused and might stomp. They'll soon get used to it though!

Nutmeg used to, she's stopped now. Unless she sees or hears the other two she's relatively unconcerned about it. She will pee though if she gets near their door.

How long did she do it for? Did she seem unsettled by the other buns? Did you have Nutmeg first? :wave:

How long did she do it for? Did she seem unsettled by the other buns? Did you have Nutmeg first? :wave:

It's quite complicated!

Mischa was my first bunny, then I got Mini, then a friend said could I find a home for Nutmeg, so I had her :oops: Bonded into a threesome but Nutmeg wasn't as settled as I'd have liked and so I got Smudge for her. Last summer I tried a four but it didn't work out so now we have one pair in one room and one pair in another room.

She's always been a bit of a marker, I think due to her being spayed later in life, and she just doesn't react well to other bunnies for this reason. After about 3 or 4 months in the new room she settled down and now it's quite rare for her to wee anywhere other than her box unless she gets out and gets by the door to the lops room.

One word...Biscuit.

He suffers from horrendous referred aggression. I must NOT smell of other bunnies, or horrible nasties happen.

I came home from a pet shop once, after checking on a bun i wasn't happy with as i thought it was suffering/not well. I had held the bun, so its scent was on me.

I came home, and almost as soon as i got near him, he went NUTS. Stamping, chasing Ginger, nipping/trying to bite Ginger, bit me, lunged at me.

That is NOT Biscuits personality, but he does suffer enormously from referred aggression.

Oh dear :( that's quite worrying :( do you have any ideas what I can do? I am definitely getting Daisy and Digby... :?

One word...Biscuit.

He suffers from horrendous referred aggression. I must NOT smell of other bunnies, or horrible nasties happen.

I came home from a pet shop once, after checking on a bun i wasn't happy with as i thought it was suffering/not well. I had held the bun, so its scent was on me.

I came home, and almost as soon as i got near him, he went NUTS. Stamping, chasing Ginger, nipping/trying to bite Ginger, bit me, lunged at me.

That is NOT Biscuits personality, but he does suffer enormously from referred aggression.

Back