• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I had ago at designing a hutch *picture*

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
OK i designed this hutch the meets the hutch standards.
This hutch is suitable for someone who has 2 pairs or 2 trio's and cant fit a 2 sheds and 2 8ft X 4ft runs in the garden.

On my design the 2 hutches are 6ft long, 2ft high and 3ft deep.
Both hutches have an attached 8ft X 4ft run!
I wont be making this hutch i just like coming up with hutch designs and ideas :D

here is the design - ( the dashes on the hutch shows where the mesh would be)

hutchdesignnnnnnnnnnnndpjapfaf.jpg

it's good, very considerate for the buns.

but... (you knew there was a but!) i have some thoughts...

everyone goes for the two foot high - it just isn't enough. for a medium rabbit, 30" or the metric equiv is the bare minimum as bunnies love to stand up and reach. my minilops can do two foot six easily. (mine are indoors so i don't have a 'roof' on their compoundto worry about).

what do you want for flooring in the run in the upper storey?

if you could extend the hutches to fit flush with the run, you would have a neater effect.

also think about cleaning. how are you going to get to all the parts to clean?

i'd use the slanted roof all the way along.

it's good, very considerate for the buns.

but... (you knew there was a but!) i have some thoughts...

everyone goes for the two foot high - it just isn't enough. for a medium rabbit, 30" or the metric equiv is the bare minimum as bunnies love to stand up and reach. my minilops can do two foot six easily. (mine are indoors so i don't have a 'roof' on their compoundto worry about).

what do you want for flooring in the run in the upper storey?

if you could extend the hutches to fit flush with the run, you would have a neater effect.

also think about cleaning. how are you going to get to all the parts to clean?

i'd use the slanted roof all the way along.

:shock: I dont know, i was just a desgin :)

Back