• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petplan insurance price

Alicia

Mama Doe
Sorry I keep posting about insurance, but I got a quote today and it said that Archie's would be £12.38 a month and Molly's would be £11.48
I'm happy to pay these prices but I thought they would be the same because Archie and Molly are both crossbreeds, and were born on the same day.
Why is there a difference in price for each gender?
I know its not much difference and I'm happy to pay those prices I was just wondering why gender makes a difference to the price?

Petplan?? I paid 20 a month for ONE cat......Surely there are cheaper companies than Petplan?? I dont find them very competitive.:shock:

I don't know, but I would've thought a doe would cost more to insure than a buck anyway.
Maybe it's just the miniscule percent discount for the second pet :)

how old are they and did you call or do it online?

people always post here saying the quotes are high but they are online quotes and phoning them seems cheaper for some reason :? plus getting two insured will qualify you to have a small discount for multipets.

Holly was 2 when i got her and her insurance started at about £9 per month, i am now on the 2nd year of insurance and its £10.49 per month.

eta - sorry im tired and didnt read your question right - the price difference will be the multipet discount on one of the insurances. i think costs vary for different areas too :oops:

Last edited:
yes i did mine by phone for both bunnies and mabels was cheaper with multipet :) although expect that to rise next year as had to make claim on hers

Thank you :) I've decided not to get insurance, my Dad thinks it could be a waste of money if they don't get ill, and I'm going to save £5 a week for any vet bills and Dad said if they get ill and we have a really big vet bill he'd help pay for it.

Thank you :) I've decided not to get insurance, my Dad thinks it could be a waste of money if they don't get ill, and I'm going to save £5 a week for any vet bills and Dad said if they get ill and we have a really big vet bill he'd help pay for it.

awww thats lovely of him :love:

hope he realises how much bunnies can cost tho :lol: :lol:

alvin has cost over £300 quid twice for stasis (out of hours treatment), plus blood tests to see why he is prone, without any answers found :(

and my poor Pearl (RIP) cost over £800 for her enlarged heart :shock:

i need insurance i just dont have that money spare and i cannot save at all :oops:

Insurance seems expensive at the time but tbh, it's the best thing to get.

I had one bunny who started off with an infection and ended up costing me over £600 in 3 weeks and then, she died.

I've had another bun whose spay didn't go too well and we ended up forking out over £200

And a third male bun whose castration sent him into stasis and again, cost us a few hundred.

My insurance for 7 buns per month is £55 from petplan and tbh, I'd happily pay double that a month as I know I'll get every penny back at some point.

Back