• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Rabbit Coming Today!!!

Romily

Warren Scout
Oh I am so excited a new bunny is coming to live with me today. We were meant to get him a while ago and then heard nothing more so we thought he wasn't coming at all (hence why I have been looking for a new rabbit) and we got a call today to say he is coming tonight!

Almost bouncing round the house to get things ready in time!

Now I have a real dilema as we had reserved another rabbit thinking this one wasn't coming and I don't know what to do?????

where is the bun coming from

and where is the one you reserved
I would say you need to let the person you are letting down know ASAP

I don't know that I am going to let anyone down yet. The one that is coming is a buck about 1year+ who is coming from a private home and we had reserved a baby buck. If they were kept seperate and neutered would it be possible to introduce them since one is so young?

Glad you're excited about your new arrival; you must post lots of pictures when he/she arrives :wave::D

If you're also expecting another bun then that's great if you get them both spayed/neutered then they can live together after being bonded. I have a trio and when the lone bun was introduced to my two girls, he was SO much happier, they're all very in love :love:

The buns should be fine even with an age difference as long as they're neutered :) I was too nervous to bond my buns, so Fat Fluffs the rescue bonded my bunnies for me! If you have a rescue nearby it might be worth asking for their help to bond them if you've never done it before :)

Last edited:
hi sorry my earlier post was short as was on phone

I thought you were getting one from a rescue so that's why I said you needed to let them know
You can bond same sex pairs but yes get them both neutered ASAP and be prepared for the chance they won't bond and so will then both need partners

If they are both boys and neutered would that still work?

It always depends on the bunnies and their attitudes, but from everything I have seen on here, it usually works out fine :) I added in my post above about getting help with a bonding, I'd definitely recommend that, or there are some really useful threads in the behaviour section on this forum.

I had been hoping to get one from a rescue after we thought the first one had fallen through but I fell in love with a baby lop :oops:. I will get on to the vet tomorrow to book this boy in to be neutered as he is a bit older, the baby we are not getting for a few weeks and then it will be a couple of weeks until he is old enough to get neutered so we can keep them next to each other in the meantime.

Now I have to convince hubby that two bunnies is a really good idea.

We have had loads of experience in bonding guinea pigs, is the routine with rabbits fairly similar?

I will be having a photo shoot over the next couple of days but I am going to give him a day or two to settle in and find his feet. He is very very cute!

well I'll be predictable and say such a shame you didn't go to a rescue when we are all struggling to cope with the numbers being dumped
But hope the 2 you are buying turn out to be just what you wanted and that they do bond..as said before neuter early for a better chance of success

I did not buy the rabbit that came last night, he was destined for rescue so we offered to take him in. After a lot of discussion and thinking we have decided to get him neutered and when he is in the clear wait until the right neutered (rescue) lady comes along for him. I briefly let my heart rule my head and considered buying my dream rabbit however I have realised that would be a mistake.

As a previous foster carer for a rescue I am painfully aware of the issues that rescues are facing and all of the animals currently living in our home (bar two) are rescue or were destined for rescue. We also donate monthly to a number of small and local animal rescues to support their efforts.

Anyway he has had a settled night and is totally charming, have booked him in at the vets tmrw for a general MOT and to arrange when he can get neutered :D. Typically my run fell apart this morning so I am going to go run shopping.

Romily..I know you asked about rescue buns..and with your past work Well done..but have to put comments about rescuing in the hope others will think rescue first!:D ( why I put the bit " well I'll be predictable!)
Glad he settled

and where are those pictures? :D

Last edited:
I am going to bring him out for a photo shoot later :D

You were completely right to post what you did, as I said moment of madness and I am now going to be looking for a little lady in a few weeks time :) The boy is teeny tiny so will need a petite lady or a very laid back big girl :lol:

Back