• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Snowball

weeble

Im off out to do a couple of homechecks now but when I get back please can I hear how you're foraging went :D

No I wont Im really pleased you did it :D

Oh believe me, you'll laugh - I manage to turn even the simplest thing into a drama :lol::lol:
I'm glad I went, the bunnies loved the hawthorn and I enjoyed feeding it to them knowing I collected it just for them :D

I just thought, no point in starting a new thread, I will put it here ;)

My mum has some hawthorn growing on a bit of land at the back of her house, so I decided that my first foraging trip I would just collect hawthorn.

Now, do not ask me WHY I decided to go wearing sandals, I already posted a couple of days ago asking about how to collect nettles because there were loads in that area :oops::roll::lol:

So, I get to where I need to be, find I need to tread very carefully and stand there with the cutters cutting nettles and jumping back out of the way before they land on me and sting me.

10 minutes later with stung feet, stung face and stung hands, I can finally reach the hawthorn.

I grabbed it, forgot it was thorny and sliced my hand open.

I managed to cut a bit, threw it over near the pram to get it on the path so I could put it all in the bag at once, but didn't let go in time and the bottom of the branch swung down and hit me in the the leg (not too painful, but did make me jump :lol:)

After only managing to cut about 5 little bits, I suddenly heard a dog growling and barking from the next garden.

I don't know why (the land belongs to my mum) but I suddenly :censored: myself about being "caught" shoved what I had so far in the bag, wedged it under the pram, grabbed lucas and ran away :oops::oops::oops::lol:

I'm sure I will do better next time :lol::lol:

Ok gotta be honest I am laughing but well done for going. Its great giving them natural foods that you have collected yourself isnt it

Ok gotta be honest I am laughing but well done for going. Its great giving them natural foods that you have collected yourself isnt it

:lol::lol::lol:
told you you'd laugh ;)

Thanks :D I actually enjoyed it. Me and rachel are going one day during the week as well :)

It really is, I didn't know how good it would feel to collect things and then give them to them.

I'm glad I went, I have been saying for weeks that I would go and never did, glad I finally did it :D

If you're still coming over next sat (20th) we can go to the woods and get some bits if you like?

If you're still coming over next sat (20th) we can go to the woods and get some bits if you like?

Piffle.
I completely forgot I was coming to see you on the 20th, it's my friends birthday so I said I'd meet all of them and go out :oops::oops::oops:
I'm so rubbish.
I need to do what you do and put things in a diary!

Is there any chance we could make it another weekend? (If not don't worry, I'll still come and I can just not go to Kims birthday)

Piffle.
I completely forgot I was coming to see you on the 20th, it's my friends birthday so I said I'd meet all of them and go out :oops::oops::oops:
I'm so rubbish.
I need to do what you do and put things in a diary!

Is there any chance we could make it another weekend? (If not don't worry, I'll still come and I can just not go to Kims birthday)

Dont worry are you still coming on 13th?

Back