• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any hope for this bond? My two girls. U/D Rebond needed? :(

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
After losing Wilmy this afternoon I was keen to introduce my two now single girls to each other. They had previously been a trio but it broke down as the girls started fighting randomly after about 3 weeks.

They are fine in the carrier together but I made my first mistake of giving them too much space in the indoor cage when we got home. The problem comes when one mounts the other and the other takes exception to it and lunges. This has led to injuries in the past yet at other times they sit together/groom. It's purely when the mounting starts.

Any tips? I'm thinking a very small space, like 2ftx2ft ?

Last edited:
Was one of them bonded with Wilmy ?

If so personally I'd give her a bit of time to adjust to her loss before trying to bond her to anther Rabbit

Then when you do keeping the neutral space small for several days is often necessary.

But my bonding rules tend to go with what each individual situation dictates rather than rules set in stone. I am afraid I do things rather differently than most folk on here :oops:

Back