• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumper helps in the garden

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
This is Thumper's part of the garden where he helps by doing what he enjoys most.
DSCF5446.jpg

Yep it's DIGGING
"Watch out for your plums Thumper"
I honestly thought that bucks couldn't dig burrows, but apparently they can it's just that they don't have as good an attention span as does.
So it's off tp another spot & just checking if it's deep enough.
DSCF5451.jpg

Then oops I forgot to chin the bilberry bush.
DSCF5456.jpg

and finally a wabbit rabbit.
DSCF5454.jpg

Awww thank you everyone.
Last year when I was moving some plants & digging holes of my own, he went bananas digging. I collapsed laughing because he'd been watching me water the bottom of my holes & decided to spray in all his. :lol:

The other thing which amuses me is that when it's "play in the garden time" he waits at the patio doors patiently. If it happens to be raining I have to open the door to show him the problem & he gives me such a dirty look as if to say,"Well turn it off then". :lol:

Awww thank you everyone.
Last year when I was moving some plants & digging holes of my own, he went bananas digging. I collapsed laughing because he'd been watching me water the bottom of my holes & decided to spray in all his. :lol:

The other thing which amuses me is that when it's "play in the garden time" he waits at the patio doors patiently. If it happens to be raining I have to open the door to show him the problem & he gives me such a dirty look as if to say,"Well turn it off then". :lol:

A very intelligent bunny if I may say so......:love::love:

Soooo lovely to see pictures of him!!! :love::love::love::love:

Please can you send him to my house as I have a whole border that needs digging?! :lol::lol:

Thats so sweet that he watered his holes for you! :lol:

I didnt know that it was the does that are the diggers but makes a lot of sense as my girls are a lot more diggy than my boys.

Yes, his coat was remarkably constant last year. It's normal for his coat to be incredibly variable in colour from moult to moult. Any shade of grey/brown with a dark face & black points that's my boy! I never know what colour combination he'll be next, which presents me with a problem describing him for vet identification purposes! :lol:.

He's normally completely symetrical too but his tummy & absobtion issues have left him with a lot of moult lines this year.
One summer he was a cream fudge colour with dark face & black points like a siamese cat. :shock:

Soooo lovely to see pictures of him!!! :love::love::love::love:

Please can you send him to my house as I have a whole border that needs digging?! :lol::lol:

Thats so sweet that he watered his holes for you! :lol:

I didnt know that it was the does that are the diggers but makes a lot of sense as my girls are a lot more diggy than my boys.

He still hasn't got the hang of filling the holes in when there's a plant in though.

Yep it's the girls who chose the site & do most of the work with wildies.
Thumper's attention span with digging is hopeless - he just makes the area a lunar landscape of craters. But he's good about plants, & stays clear of most of them. I just say "Thumper a-a" & he'll stop immediately.

He still hasn't got the hang of filling the holes in when there's a plant in though.

Yep it's the girls who chose the site & do most of the work with wildies.
Thumper's attention span with digging is hopeless - he just makes the area a lunar landscape of craters. But he's good about plants, & stays clear of most of them. I just say "Thumper a-a" & he'll stop immediately.

Aww bless him! :love::love: My bunnies all have selective hearing! :roll::lol: (Well apart from Starbuck who is deaf :love:)

Awww lovely to see some new pictures of Thumper, he is looking so well!
Gussy's coat is just the same, I never know what colour he is going to be :roll:

Thumper looks like he is very much enjoying life with you :love::love:

Oh he's beautiful! *swoons* What a good little helper too!
He really does remind me of Mimzy. I can only imagine how much fun Mimz would have digging in a garden too. He loves digging and furrowing, usually on my leg.:shock:

He's gorgeous! And such expressive eyes! I am officially in love!:love: I like the photo of him in your sig, but these really show him off well. ;)

Wow, he looks really well :D And I love his little black scut :love:

My boys do this as well- dig a little scrape (usually on the border between their territories) then do a few poos and spray wee in the hole, just so there's no mistaking who's patch it is. I reckon Thumper is making sure no passing buck will come along and try to steal his Cottontail away :)

I think that he looks amazingly well too but the truth is that the battle has been on for his survival again for the last 2 weeks.:cry:
Thumper has megacolon = cowpile syndrome & was 6 last month. His caecum doesn't work anything like properly.
He just can't eat & drink enough.

It helps me to know that despite all, he's not in pain & still getting a lot out of life. So we struggle on together.:)
Photos don't do him justice because he's got a fantastic & very expressive personality.

He's very special indeed to me. :love:

ETA yes, he's very rabbit as well as being "humanised". He does a territorial poop mound across the nrrowest part of the lawn to mark his territory.

Last edited:
Back