• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please need advice

Anna xx

Warren Scout
So I did post yesterday sadly had no replies,

Both my buns r 16 weeks old, and female, neither have ever thought n seem to get on well lay together etc had them both from 8 weeks ( sisters )

Anyways I noticed Smudge had a bald patch on her back near her head shes a very nervous bun so checked as best I could and she had a small red patch - only thing I can think is Cosmo has maybe over groomed her?

I checked today and the fur seems to be growing back but the red scratch type thing is there still so I've cleaned it with luke warm water and left her to it ( trust me that was hard ) she don't seem to be bothered by it at all eating drinking fine etc.
I noticed Cosmo near it after that - don't think she's biting her as surely Smudge would yelp or something i simply think over grooming or Smudge has caught herself and Cosmo is licking it?

I can't afford to seperate them I don't have another hutch or anything & I really can't afford to have them living as seperate buns as Id hate them to be on their own and getting 2 more to try and bond is a definate nope :(

Please advice anyone else had or heard of something like this?

Thanks

I've just googled this myself and found a lot of good information on more space etc but I can't give them anymore space at this current moment due to lack of funds they have a double hutch and an attatched 7ft run, im wondering if daytime I will move their run onto the grass

they have tubes mats etc in their run to keep them occupied

any other tips?

Sorry I don't have any ideas I am afraid, but didn't want to read and run. I am sure someone will be along soon who knows more:wave:

Have any of yours had any operation or vaccinations in the past few months? If so could this be a reaction to the vaccination.

are your girls still snuggling/grooming each other?

i had 2 8 week old girls together and at about 16 weeks one started attacking the other. i noticed lumps of fur in the shed and Lula's bottom started to get little scabs. most of it is hormones and i had to eventually separate until they were old enough to spey, then i had to wait a good 12 weeks until the hormones died down, then i re bonded.
it was awful and i was worried sick but luckily it worked out for me.

other than that i can't think what else it could be.. hope all is ok. :(

Yeah and I can see them from my kitchen door and windows all day and go out there a lot and have not seen them fight at all, I seen Cosmo do it again today she is simply grooming that spot I read up on google n a lot of people say boredom so I had them up on grass for hours today and it seemed to help also made some new toys added in their willow toys etc to keep her occupied x

Sometimes a bald patch in this area can be the result of humping. Neutering should help calm them down if this is the problem, and will help to prevent fighting as they reach maturity too.
Just a thought- are you certain they are both female - i.e. have you had this confirmed by a competent vet? Mistakes do happen xx

Back