• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

kind of litter trained

Pandora7

Warren Scout
I have litter trained my two and they both use the tray to wee and poo in.

I have two trays which they both use and they get changed every day.

But I still find they will wee in random places in the hutch. I have tried moving the litter tray, but they then move where they are peeing.
Ripping the newspaper and placing it in the tray.

And more recently took all the straw out and moved to just using hay and news paper in the litter trays but still they carry on regardless.

Any advise on what else I could try?

Are they neutered? Are they peeing near the trays or in a completely different area? Are there any other rabbits nearby?

yep both been neutered.

We live in the country so there are wild rabbits in the field but they at least 50ft away.

They pee in the middle of the hutch some times as well as some times in a corner there is no pattern at all.

It's not a new hutch perchance? I wonder if maybe it might be worth giving it a good scrub with vinegar sometime. Or maybe even lino-ing it? That would make it easier to clean.

Nope not a new hutch they have had the same one since I got them.

The bottom of the hutch is a removable tray how would I line it with lino?

Oh ok, so it's likely plastic then anyway. I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. Hopefully someone else will hazard some guesses.

hi.

how old are your bunnies, this is probably not very helpful to you right now, but i am finding that mine are getting better with age, oldest are only 1 year 3 months now and overall things are improving.

do you have any otnher pets? could it perhaps be a terrotorial thing

Back