• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can Toby have some vibes AGAIN!U/D A little worse again :(

xxranxx

Alpha Buck
Hes now got the sniffles :roll::( flora had them a few weeks ago and him and bloss didnt but toby had bad teeth and had a dental and then today i saw him sneeze only once but his nose is wet and very slightly yellow so rang vets and told them and my vet sent jab home with my mum (whose one of the nurses) and weve jabbed him with antibiotics so hopefully hel recover quickly :) hes eating and drinking still but his poo's are tiny and twice iv had to clean bottom as small poos stuck to bum fur :( not really runny just sticky-ish
Poor little man i just hope he feels better soon, blossom will have it next :roll: im hoping the heat isnt helping and they'l all be brighter when it cools off anyway.

Last edited:
poor toby:(

as mummy of a "snuffles" bunny...i can understand the worry:wave:

the thing is...i have buns who are or have been living in the same room as bertie....touch wood...not a single one of the have caught it from him:shock::love:

i think it depends on the other bunnys immune system:wave:

out of curiousity...what was the antbx jab hes been given?

bertie has lived on baytril....then a 6 week course of antbx...name of which i suddenly cannot recall:shock::oops:

but when he had a nasty flare up when bluebell was seriously ill and he thought shed died...and his pasturella ran riot...:( was terrified he wouldnt survive the taxi ride.

the vet gave him an alomyacin..i think i spelt it right?:oops: and he really picked up.....he had another one 3 days later and it worked so well...he didnt need the 3rd jab:shock:

sending toby loads of vibes...nosey rubs...and hugs for you and your mum...xx

poor toby:(

as mummy of a "snuffles" bunny...i can understand the worry:wave:

the thing is...i have buns who are or have been living in the same room as bertie....touch wood...not a single one of the have caught it from him:shock::love:

i think it depends on the other bunnys immune system:wave:

out of curiousity...what was the antbx jab hes been given?

bertie has lived on baytril....then a 6 week course of antbx...name of which i suddenly cannot recall:shock::oops:

but when he had a nasty flare up when bluebell was seriously ill and he thought shed died...and his pasturella ran riot...:( was terrified he wouldnt survive the taxi ride.

the vet gave him an alomyacin..i think i spelt it right?:oops: and he really picked up.....he had another one 3 days later and it worked so well...he didnt need the 3rd jab:shock:

sending toby loads of vibes...nosey rubs...and hugs for you and your mum...xx

Hes only had it once before a long time ago and to be honest if i remember rightly i treated him with baytril more as a precaution as he was only just starting to have the wet/yellowy nose and the girls had it slightly to. but 2 weeks ish ago flora was sniffly and now he is so i dont know whats going on :( poor you having a snuffles bun too :( is yours all the time or just in flares? i dont think toby has it very often (iv not noticed it before:oops:) maybe just every now and then ahh theyre such a worry.
Toby's had depocillin tonight have you ever had that one?
hes had stasis before really badly but a long time ago but now his poos are small im hoping thats not going to be the next thing :roll: hes still eating though :)

:wave: bertie has the pasturella in his upper airway..his nose and sinuses.During a bad flare up he cannot breathe.....and it is extra scary as he also suffers fits:shock:

thats the one..he had 6 weeks worth of depocillin every 5 days...it really really helped...but then those alomycin jabs worked quicker...:shock:

hes always snuffly...sneezes a lot all the time.....when hes got thick white snot sneezed out then i know its a flare up:( But it also leaves their mebranes in their nose inflammed and uber sensitive to dust..pollen....fur.....etc
He had piriton tablets at its worst last year. He is on metacam daily as the inflammation has to be kept down..hes not arthritis in one hind leg really badly so it helps that. And of course epilepsy meds.

The vet said to run a hot bath or shower and take him in the rooom and let the steam help him. weve got a wet room shower..and the plughole is a massive pump system that goes slurp slurp all the time..the shock would kill him:shock:

but thanks to here i discovered the beauty of bisolvin powder..a pinch daily for him twice daily when bad...really helps. But i dont give it to him unless hes bad.

hmm sometimes buns develop allergies similar to hay fever...allergic chronic rhinitis...i have it too!! only antihistamines can help then.
Wonder if yours have that as opposed to snuffles?

I hope toby is going to recover asap....and that it isnt the cause of the other buns sneezing:wave:

is he in pain somewhere?

id recomend the usual....metacam..infacol...and metaclopramide...but you know the drill:wave: still eatings good..or it is in my buns xx

Could also be tooth related
Were his teeth checked?

Different antibiotic are used depending on the bacteria.
I successfully treated snuffles with a 2 week antibiotics course.

Could also be tooth related
Were his teeth checked?

Different antibiotic are used depending on the bacteria.
I successfully treated snuffles with a 2 week antibiotics course.

he had a dental just over a week ago :) so hopefully not dental (it was only his second dental so not usually a regular thing) but il get the vet to check as going at half 11 today he seems very quiet :(

Vets at 11.30 :(

he seems very quiet today, and this morning i went to give them their breakfast and they usually run to me when i rattle the bag of ss but toby just laid in his little house and took a pellet when hand fed but wasnt interested in coming out he ate some herbs and 3 pellets and i left him for a while went back and checked on him and he was laid with girls on carpet he seems very grumpy today (hes a grumpy bun anyway) but i dont know if thats a good or bad thing. when he had stasis he was soo ill he didnt even growl/lunge when i picked him up and the vet said he might not survive so usually i go on him been grumpy as 'normal' and worry when hes quiet. But anyway sorry for the long post it could be summed up with - Im worried so off to vets at 11.30 to check him over and see if hes ill or im a bunny hypochondriac :lol:

:wave: bertie has the pasturella in his upper airway..his nose and sinuses.During a bad flare up he cannot breathe.....and it is extra scary as he also suffers fits:shock:

thats the one..he had 6 weeks worth of depocillin every 5 days...it really really helped...but then those alomycin jabs worked quicker...:shock:

hes always snuffly...sneezes a lot all the time.....when hes got thick white snot sneezed out then i know its a flare up:( But it also leaves their mebranes in their nose inflammed and uber sensitive to dust..pollen....fur.....etc
He had piriton tablets at its worst last year. He is on metacam daily as the inflammation has to be kept down..hes not arthritis in one hind leg really badly so it helps that. And of course epilepsy meds.

The vet said to run a hot bath or shower and take him in the rooom and let the steam help him. weve got a wet room shower..and the plughole is a massive pump system that goes slurp slurp all the time..the shock would kill him:shock:

but thanks to here i discovered the beauty of bisolvin powder..a pinch daily for him twice daily when bad...really helps. But i dont give it to him unless hes bad.

hmm sometimes buns develop allergies similar to hay fever...allergic chronic rhinitis...i have it too!! only antihistamines can help then.
Wonder if yours have that as opposed to snuffles?

I hope toby is going to recover asap....and that it isnt the cause of the other buns sneezing:wave:

is he in pain somewhere?

id recomend the usual....metacam..infacol...and metaclopramide...but you know the drill:wave: still eatings good..or it is in my buns xx

Yeh it could be an allergy or maybe just something flora passed to him, it'l be blossom next if thats the case:roll: I cant tell if hes in pain or not hes a bit of a sickly bun and im a total head case with him i wont tell you the embarassing story of when i took him to the vets crying my eyes out because he had "tumours":oops: :lol::lol: that was when i had very little idea about rabbits thank god for RU . will let you know how we get on today :)

Back from vets

she said hes gassy and has given him vetergesic and zantac and im to give him zantac twice daily. she said this will affect poops hence dirty bottom. she looked at teeth and theyre ok but his chin is wet ?? which was one of the tell tale signs of dental last time but treating gassy tummy first and foremost. hes soo sleepy now but she said he might be with the pain relief :( im so worried about him, he wont even eat herbs now because the car journey has upset him :cry: what causes gas in bunnys?

U/D

Been out to check toby and put them to bed and i lifted him up to check bottom and it was not only clean but there were 5 normal looking poos under him :D im 99% sure they belong to him as he hasnt moved from the fleece since we came back from vets and they were under him so cant be the girls :) hes also just eaten some parsley and basil and im sure i caught him with a strand of hay :lol::D im sooo please i hope hes on the mend now :love:

Back