• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

we have lift off!

shadow05

Mama Doe
finally after many months and god knows how many hours of trying constantly. scooter is now a free range bunny during the day when im in the house at night he is put back into his home which is smaller than his last home but he gets more time out of the cage than in so i feel that its a good compromise.

his current set up is 6 ft by 3ft altogether.

ive found out that if im not in the room watching him and constantly being there he behaves better but if i stay in the room all hell breaks out.

yesterday he managed to get a hold of one of my books :evil: but oh well.

out of everything lately its nice to have something thats going right.

do you think hes attention seeking maybe?

and this is brilliant news, I think you'll find he'll become less destructive after he gets used to the extra space :) He probably cant tell the difference between your books and the yellow pages you gave him as a toy though, so I wouldnt bet on him ever leaving them alone completely.

I bet Scooter is loving his new found freedom!

eta - But erm.. not sure if I can believe you until I've seen pictures of him to prove it! :lol:

ill try and get pics tmmorow but he doesnt ever sit still. thats the only problem with him and pictues.

he does attention seek. i know he does. i just try not to encourage it if hes destroying stuff i dont pay him much attention apart from telling him that its naughty. if hes doing stuff like say he comes to me for attention then ill give him attention i have always given him attention when he comes to me i very rarely run after him for it.

he seems the same doesnt rag the cage as much but its still a new routine. i only started it about a day or two ago.

to be honest i cant belive it either and im here watching him do it every day he hardly ever destroys something and if he does its my fault for leaving it out in first place.

the only time when u can tell that scooter is happy is hes had a good time while hes been out for example when the room was being decorated and he was down stairs for 5 days he loved taht he actually let me snuggle him and every thing. ive not tried picking him up since then so i dont know how hell react.

im srry if spelling is bad ive been drinking a bit and its gone to my head a bit.

Last edited:
Wow. I can't believe how much you've improved things for him since you joined here. :) You've done so much, I bet he's happier. You should be proud of all the hard work you've done. :wave:

Wow. I can't believe how much you've improved things for him since you joined here. :) You've done so much, I bet he's happier. You should be proud of all the hard work you've done. :wave:

my next plan is to buy him a shed for outside so that he gets some time outside during the summer instead of being stuck in the house.

srry everybody i forgot to get pics for u all to see him ive been very busy but i will put some up tmmorow as ive not been able to let him out yet today. ive been out with bf sorting some things out and my room is an absoloute mess at the moment ive been trying to sort a very old cuborad in my room theres cob webs and stuff all over the floor. :oops:

Back