• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Artie is in pain.. kidney stones.. 49 Kidney removed UD86 Had myxi vac 133

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Poor little soul was bright this morning, insisted on a cuddle before I went to work.

I've been out just short of 5 hours and he's hunched up and not very responsive, refusing treats :cry::cry:

God I hope it's not kidney stones again :cry::cry:

Vet appointment at 6.10 ... when I collect Rudy

Last edited:
:shock: Oh no. :cry::cry: I hope it's something easily sorted..... now I must check your other thread and find out how Rudy is.

Thanks for the vibes and good wishes.

Artie was examined by Ruth (FHB's right hand woman) and thankfully nothing to suggest obstruction which is the absolute dread. There was a *possibility* that his kidney that had had stones in it was a bit inflammed but not 100% certain, that was all there was to find.

He was kept in for diagnostics, make him comfortable, whatever necessary. He actually looked a lot brighter when he was there but that could just be the adrenaline.

Ruth said she would ring if they found anything major that I needed to know about (suggested this would be within the time frame of me driving home) and I've not heard anything and it's been 1 h 15 mins ie been home about 1/2 hour ... so I'm optimistic that there's nothing too drastic going on ... hopefully.

I'm so glad I got home early enough to get him to FHB's though, if I'd gone straight from work to collect Rudy (as would have been the most convenient thing to do) I wouldn't have been able to get Artie there as they don't do OOH on Friday. I'm just feeling relieved he's in the best hands. He did have a little setback with his bladder only about a month after his bladder op, so I know this feeling well. He also did a chalky wee on the carpet a few days ago which could well be a clue :?

poor little fella:(

you know..no news is good news right?

I know..everytime you hear the phone ring......your heart misses a beat:(

i hope he carries on improving....hugs xx

Just got my update off Nigel Harcourt-Brown. The x-rays have shown his kidney is full of stones (they've generated since last time) and he has one stuck in the ureter again :cry::cry::cry:

The other kidney looks to be fine. They could do the same surgery again but a month down the line we will probably be here again because there is something wrong with the kidney causing this to happen. Could be EC, he apparently is EC positive.

The other two options are remove the affected kidney or euthanasia. He does stand a chance if the kidney is removed but it's hard to predict what that chance is. Hopefully it's a good chance but no promises can go with it.

Nigel needs to discuss the detail with Frances but it's highly likely Artie will be having surgery either this afternoon or tomorrow.

Please can my solemate have some more vibes? She says through a fog of tears :cry:

Oh Alison, I was hoping and praying it wouldn't be his kidney again. :(:( Wishing Artie all the best for his op and hoping for the best possible outcome for him. :love:

Huge hugs to you. x

Back