• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wilmy has been very ill while I've been away :( U/D I lost him :(

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
Got home from my hols today and my mum told me Wilmy has been really ill :( He wasn't eating much so mum called the vet and followed instructions and made an appointment for the afternoon but before then he took a turn for the worse, flopped his head down and struggled to breathe! My dad rushed him to the vet and they said he had an inner ear infection which could have started from his teeth and was affecting his balance :( His teeth were only checked 2 months ago so I'm guessing the spurs must have grown quickly. The vet suggested pts as an option at first but my dad said we need to try other options first of course. They have nursed him intensively for 5 days bless them and he's now on the mend, the vet says they've cared for him really well :love: They said they didn't tell me as they knew I'd be worried sick bless them.

Has anyone else experienced this type of infection? I'm waiting for the vet to call me to explain what they've done etc.

Last edited:
I've not experienced this kind of infection however I have had a bunny (Bailey who is sadly at rainbow bridge) who had spurs treated, and they grew back within a week.

Sending lots of vibes xx

I've not experienced this kind of infection however I have had a bunny (Bailey who is sadly at rainbow bridge) who had spurs treated, and they grew back within a week.

Sending lots of vibes xx

The spurs are only small atm, so they're not sure if they will need to operate or not, my gut tells me it's not his teeth as they always mention small spurs on there but nothing too much to worry about. I'm very concerned about this infection as they said it was quite developed but he showed no signs until late :(

:(

Sorry for cross posting from my Rainbow Bridge thread but I could use some advice please...

The vet said it was an inner ear infection last week, he developed a slight head tilt and went off his food but he seemed to go into a seizure at the end - he had a similar, less severe one while I was away when Dad rushed him to the vet. Should I be concerned for my other bunnies? x

Back