• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lost Oliver...

Sugarcube

Young Bun
Okay, so what happened is I lost my Oliver yesterday...
I had moved his A-frame hutch into the grass so he could could graze. I also remove the bottom part every time I put him out there, so he can dig and eat freely.
So, I had him out there for like an hour and decided to move him again as he had destroyed the grass he was on. Because the hutch is heavy, I pick it off only a bit from the ground and move it so Oli will be kinda forced to move under it to the side I'm placing the hutch.
This time I accidentally picked it up higher from the ground, and didn't notice, until Oli dashed under it and started running like crazy in my backyard... I spent a whole hour trying to get him back, trying not to actually chase him because I know that will just makes things harder.
Worst part is, both of my side neighbors have big dogs... My back neighbor has horses, so I'm hoping Oli will go on that side...

I have left his hutch where it was (on the grass) with fresh food and water in it, hoping he will come back. But, being realistic, I'm thinking he may just come back, eat, and leave again as the door is open.

Even if he's not intending to come back, I really, really hope he doesn't go to the neighbors dogs... I just want him to survive if he's not going to come back...

I really hope Oliver comes back. Many peoples bunnies who escape do come back. Wishing all the best for Oliver and his safe return.

I am sure you will get him back. Tell all your neigbours to jeep an eye out and also tell your local rescues :wave:

It can be tricky to catch a loose rabbit, in a big space the easiest way is to create a funnel. Use a secure fence as one side then a sheet or net as the other. The idea is it looks wide at one end so the go in then narrows down at the other and you pull the wide end closed behind them.

I would also speak to all your neighbours and let them know to keep an eye out.

Thank you all.
And thanks Tamsin, I should try creating this funnel...
I talked to all of my neighbors this morning, so I'm hoping I'll get some good news when I get back from school...

Back