• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how to keep your bunnies cool?

Izze

New Kit
what can you use to keep your bunnies cool in the summer and warm in the winter.I have and eglu which has excellent insulation so keeping them cool in the summer is a must.;) please help!

:wave: hi!

I freeze waterbottles and the buns use them to lie against...also Ive got ice-pods...but larger frozen bottles (from coke etc) last longer!
Granite or paving slabs are also cool...obviously left out of the sun or in a shady area.
Some people have fans...
On really hot days ...I wet a sarong or sheet and drape if over the runs...the breeze cools as it blows through the fabric...works quite well...again this can also be placed over fans to create cool air.
Large water bowls also take longer to warm up...
I think also sometimes its cool for the buns to lay on earth if thats possible...

Hope this helps!:wave:

thanks. do you know where u can get the ice-pods from as i have heard people talk about them.

Ice Pods

They have ice pods at my local Pets at Home in Fife, but any good animal supply store should have them.
I half fill plastic coke bottles and freeze them and they work a treat (and are a lot cheaper as well, as I have 8 buns to keep cool!)
Hope you find a solution soon.

the hayexperts sell ice pods and cooling tiles. we have both and both are really good. i also get a bit of water and dab the bunnies ears to keep them cooler. :)

thanks. do you know where u can get the ice-pods from as i have heard people talk about them.

You can get them online at The Hay Experts and VetUk does them as well if I remember rightly.

Back