• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long did you wait?

petticoat74

Alpha Buck
Before re-bonding your widowed bunny?
When Benjamin died last night, he left a widow, my Lionhead X Lop, Pixie-Boo... she is only 4 herself, so I know its not fair to keep her a singleton, but I can't handle bonding her at the moment, for me its too soon, but am I being fair to her?:?

I'm sorry for your loss:(

I would see how Pixie Boo reacts to the loss of Benjamin over the next few days- perhaps she needs a little time too?

sue

So sorry to hear about poor Benjamin.

In my experience I have usually left anywhere between 2-3 weeks beford re-bonding the remaining bunny.

This has happened on four separate occasions and each time the remaining bunny has been very happy to have a new friend. Not always love at first sight but, with patience and understanding things have always worked out for the best.

Don't forget that bunnies also need time to grieve. And they do! Extra tlc is always a good idea......for you and bunny.

Best of luck.

i waited less than a week :oops: i was very worried about Alvin getting stasis after losing Pearl.

im really sorry for your loss :cry:

We lost Twinkle on Sunday and will be going to look at some bunnies today.

I'm certainly not ready but I think that Milo is. I really think it comes down to the individual bunny and how they are coping x

This is true- all bunnies are different.

Bunlover had to bond her bun quickly as she gradually ate less and less each day grieving after her partner left. When bunlover put a photo of a prospective boy bun near her she would only eat next to his photo... needless to say it was an easy bond.

sue:wave:

Pixie is eating, she is quite happy in herself, but she must miss her husbun... I do have Logan here, but I intended to put him with Marble and Minstrel once they are spayed... I contacted the rescue I got him from and told her about Benjamin passing away :)cry:) and she said to rebond her soon and she would rebond her if I wished either to Logan or to another male...:?
I just can't bear seeing another rabbit grooming her.... I am probably being selfish, but I just can't do it yet:cry:

Ah that's such a tough question. I think if PixieBoo is behaving normally it wouldn't hurt to wait a week or two. After my Archie died I tried to bond his wifey and I think it was too soon for her as she didn't accept the new husband that I had brought home but bonded successfully after another couple of weeks. :D

Back