• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Challange for You All

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
I think perhaps we need something fun and something to remind us what it is all about.. rabbits!

The Challenge

I propose a challenge with a series of tasks each worth a certain number of points, depending on difficulty. As an incentive there will be a prize for the person with the most points and a prize for the most creative way a task is completed. All the tasks will be rabbit/ welfare/rescue orientated.

The Tasks
  • Put up a poster promoting rabbit welfare eg. rabbit rehome/make mine chocolate or one of your own design - photographic proof required - make sure you get permission to put it up [10 points]
  • Get an article published in a magazine, local paper or newsletter about rabbits [25 points]
  • Get a website to link to Rabbit Rehome (please ask politely) [1 points]
  • Take a video of your rabbit enjoying lots of space to exercise... caption it with an appropriate 'rabbits need lots of space' message and upload it to youtube [ 6 points]
  • Write a letter or email to a business that does a good job on rabbit welfare and tell them why you think so and let them know you appreciate it so they keep up the good work [5 points]
  • Write (politely!) to a shop that stocks undersized hutches requesting them to stop selling small hutches and sell bigger ones[5 points]
  • Volunteer at a rescue centre for a day [25 points]
  • Make a toy or activity for your bunny to do [3 points] Create a post with instructions on how to make the activity/toy and add it to the topic in the behaviour section [+2 bonus points]
  • Send (or drop off) a present to a rescue centre [15 points]
  • Enter a picture in the photo competition [1 point]
  • Come up with an excellent idea for another task, [2 points] if I add your idea to this list.
  • Wear a rabbit (or rabbit rescue) themed item of clothing or badge out in public to raise awareness of a rabbit related issue [7 points]
  • Add a review of a rabbit book (good or bad) you've read to a website (amazon etc) that sells them to help new owners pick good books for advice [5 points]
  • Visit your local library and check out the rabbit care books - make a list of outdated ones with bad info and send it to the library asking them to withdraw the books and not sell them on. [8 points] Add another [10 points] if you donate a good rabbit rabbit book re replace them.
  • Leave a review on google places or similar for a pet shop you'd recommend rabbit owners use e.g. have great welfare standards [5 points]
  • Leave a post-it note somewhere public (but not where you'll get in trouble for littering) that reads: "Did you know...." and then a fact about rabbits. Finish up with the web address www.rabbitrehome.org.uk [2 points]

You can pick and choose which and how many tasks you complete (you don't have to complete them all). You can complete each task as many times as you want, but no back dating things you've done in the past.

The person will the most points wins and there is also a prize for the task completed with the most creatively... so even if you only complete one task, if you do it in a really creative way you could still win.

The Badge

challengeaccepted.gif

Let us know you're taking part in the challenge and get a badge under your username by clicking here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/profile.php?do=editusergroups (or look under 'group memberships' in the User CP) you can join the 'challenge' group.

The Proof

As proof you have completed the task you should submit some evidence. This could be photos, video, copy of a letter, a link to something. You can post your evidence directly to this thread or post a link to where the evidence is.

Our wonderful volunteer, Janice, will be checking your evidence and collating the points. You can see the current points here: Challenge Points

If you like, you can also keep a count of your points so far in your signature so people can see what they have to beat to win ;)

The Finish

The closing date is September 15th.

The Prize

I haven't decided on a prize yet, if you have any suggestions let me know (no I will not stump up cash for car).

Remember there is a prize for most points but also most creative way a task is completed.

Last edited:
Is there a deadline for completeing the tasks/ submitting your evidence? and where/ how do you do it?

Great idea :D Are we allowed to count things we've just done today? :lol::oops:
How about for another idea- send a donation of £_ to a rescue? (don't know how much :oops:

I've had an article published about my youtube channel in an online magazine (Happy Hoppers) does that count?:wave:

I might have a go.

But are we allowed to pair up with another member to do the tasks? If we won (unlikely!) we would obviously share the prize, or if we cant share it wed donate it to a rescue or something.

And the help out at a rescue for a day one, can it be any animal rescue or does it have to be a rabbit one?

:wave:

Last edited:
Is there a deadline for completeing the tasks/ submitting your evidence? and where/ how do you do it?

You can submit your evidence however you like, post a picture in this thread or link to another thread with the evidence in or link to a website where your article/video/picture appears... whatever is most appropriate for the type of evidence you are submitting.

There will be a deadline, how long do you think we need? Anyone want to pick the date?

You can submit your evidence however you like, post a picture in this thread or link to another thread with the evidence in or link to a website where your article/video/picture appears... whatever is most appropriate for the type of evidence you are submitting.

There will be a deadline, how long do you think we need? Anyone want to pick the date?

August bank Hol weekend?

4th october?
That's 2 months from today for people to do things and collect evidence.

Or is 2 months too long? I dunno :lol:

I might have a go.

But are we allowed to pair up with another member to do the tasks? If we won (unlikely!) we would obviously share the prize, or if we cant share it wed donate it to a rescue or something.

And the help out at a rescue for a day one, can it be any animal rescue or does it have to be a rabbit one?

:wave:

If you'd like to team up that's fine by me :)

I think we'll allow any rescue... it's meant to be fun too so I'm not going to be ubber strict :lol:

Do you think maybe we need a little badge under the names of those taking part so we know who the competition is?

Do you think maybe we need a little badge under the names of those taking part so we know who the competition is?

that would be good..maybe make the thread a sticky so they can post their progress and we can support as they go along:D

Back