• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola has a bald tummy

Jacq

Warren Scout
Its been 8 weeks since Lola had her spey. The scar healed nicely and her fur has grown back, but only on one side:? The other side is just smooth skin with no fur. As she came to us after her op, I'm not sure if she was like this before. I've not seen it before in any of my buns. Has anyone else seen this ?

Hmmm, that does sound uusual. Is the harless half where her scar is? I should imagine that will take longer to grow back. My bridge bun Ginger had an ultrasound of his tummy where he had to be shaved. It took weeks and weeks for the fur to grow back, but it did eventually.

Ginger's took aaaaaaaages to grow back.

Sky-O's Wish is taking a long time also, not sure if thats normal or not however, but i would think it would take a good couple of months before it was back normal again.

She's got fur growing over the lower half where she was shaved and a line of fur going up the middle. This is the lionhead fur which looks more like carpet than fur. Either side of this has no fur at all. Sorry photos are out of the question as Lola says it's not ladylike or dignified to show ones tummy :)

Back