• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are the babies going to hate me??

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
I have found a house, and they have said I can use the shed for my babies ... I really am worried about them going outside, but the land lady has said that they can't go indoors and I respect that:cry:

So if you have moved your buns how have they reacted?

I recently moved my rabbits into a shed outdoors and they couldn't care less about me :lol:

My two went outside, and they still act the same.. only they love the space and grass :love:

:lol:

They will love it! As soon as I put Orla outside for the first time she was delighted! I think its all the fresh air and independance from mummeh!:lol:

When I moved mine outside, Oren had always preferred being outside anyway (it was my recently deceased Bandit who preferred being indoors) and Pandora, who I adopted after B died, went straight outdoors and had lived outdoors at the rescue, so they are fine with being outside. Unfortunately neither of them are really people rabbits unless you have food, so they don't seek attention from me except to stuff their faces.

When I moved mine outside, Oren had always preferred being outside anyway (it was my recently deceased Bandit who preferred being indoors) and Pandora, who I adopted after B died, went straight outdoors and had lived outdoors at the rescue, so they are fine with being outside. Unfortunately neither of them are really people rabbits unless you have food, so they don't seek attention from me except to stuff their faces.

Bobby gets grumpy if I ignore her, she bites my trousers. I think I will be more upset than them :cry:

we are also going to put our buns outdoors because when they go out to play, they never want to come back in. We have an 8 x 10 shed which we have already divided up on 2 levels and in the end it will hold 6 buns all with access to their own provite garden. This means that we can still go out to be with them even in the winter. We have a tiny heater for the winter and an aircon unit for when its really hot. My buns are very spoiled and get lots of attention, which only a couple of them actually want, the other 4 just want food :D

Put a pic of you and Ian inside the shed. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i doubt they will hate you hun, bunnies live in the now and dont hold resentment like us humans do, itll only take a few weeks and they will love outside as much as inside they just need to adjust to new sounds and smells is all :wave:

pearl was an outdoor rabbit and acted petrified when i bought her home to be a house bunny but it didnt take long till she was totally used to her new life :D

we are also going to put our buns outdoors because when they go out to play, they never want to come back in. We have an 8 x 10 shed which we have already divided up on 2 levels and in the end it will hold 6 buns all with access to their own provite garden. This means that we can still go out to be with them even in the winter. We have a tiny heater for the winter and an aircon unit for when its really hot. My buns are very spoiled and get lots of attention, which only a couple of them actually want, the other 4 just want food :D

Thanks, you are making me feel better, what sort of air con do you use as this will be needed

Slightly different situation but Jimby and Cookie have always been house buns, these are the moves we have taken them on...

Jimby moved from his 'old home' (The one we dont talk about!) to our home which was a room above a pub, then we moved in with hubbys Mum and he lived in our bedroom but was a slightly closed off section just for him, then we moved to our own flat and he lived in the living room.
We then adopted Cookie and she lived in the living room too, then we moved to another flat and then they lived in the living room, then we moved in with my parents and the babies lived in our room for the first 3 months then we moved them upstairs (the farthest they have been from Mummy and Daddy) in to what will be the babies room when he is old enough but as we need to have him downstairs with us for the first 6 months we had to move the buns upstairs and in all honesty Jimby was a bit upset about it!
He was not himself for a couple of days and did appear to be 'sulking', it was only when I sat him down and explained to him why we had to move them up and that it is not forever and that Mummy misses having him downstairs too but we have to be strong together and we are not far from each other- that he actually perked up, it was as if he was upset that he was not going to see much of Mummy any more then when he realised that was not the case all was well and now they are so happy up there it will be a shame to bring them back down as they are so used to haing their own room and lots more free range time!!

Back