• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For "Liquorce's" Mum - Why rabbits are better living in pairs

In general, are most rabbits happier in pairs or groups?

• Yes

Votes: 61 96.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Ok so the member 'Liquorice' would like to get her bunny a friend but unfortunately is not allowed. 'Liquorice' asked if we could all say why bunnies are better in pairs so that her mum can read it. :) Hopefully this thread will help. So please everyone say why you think bunnies are better together.

I'll start... They are very social animals and will get lonely, imagine living your life without seeing/communicating with another human, it wouldn't be nice. It's like that for rabbits not seeing other rabbits. :(

I'd say this was a bad move at the moment - suitable accomodation needs to be sorted first.

Ok so the member 'Liquorice' would like to get her bunny a friend but unfortunately is not allowed. 'Liquorice' asked if we could all say why bunnies are better in pairs so that her mum can read it. :) Hopefully this thread will help. So please everyone say why you think bunnies are better together.

I'll start... They are very social animals and will get lonely, imagine living your life without seeing/communicating with another human, it wouldn't be nice. It's like that for rabbits not seeing other rabbits. :(

The poll doesnt really fit with the post above. :?

Yes, it's much better to see a rabbit have company wherever possible. As for groups/pairs though, i dont really know - ANY company is better tho. :)

Sorry, i thought you mentioned on another thread the rabbit is living in a metre indoor cage - which is about 3 ft in length. :?

Welll she hassss butt i have another bigger cage and we might be getting a two floored hutch :)

I agree, the accomodation is very, very small.

Plus, perhaps her Mom can't afford another rabbit? :?

I agree, the accomodation is very, very small.

Plus, perhaps her Mom can't afford another rabbit? :?

:thumb:

If you can give the bunny more space by moving him/her outdoors, then that would be much better for them.

You see it's all well and good saying get a friend for your rabbit BUT it's double the vaccinations, maybe additional vet bills, more veg, etc etc.

They may well be able to afford 1 rabbit but not 2 :?

I wasn't aware of the accomodation, i'm just doing as liquorice asked. This doesn't mean get a rabbit before she's ready, just simply saying why most are better with company so maybe it will persuade her mum in the future obviously if they have room and can afford it.

The poll just basically means are rabbits in general happier with company of their own kind be it 1 friend or more. :)

You see it's all well and good saying get a friend for your rabbit BUT it's double the vaccinations, maybe additional vet bills, more veg, etc etc.

They may well be able to afford 1 rabbit but not 2 :?

They can afford ALRIGHT!!!!
Sorry I'm just losing my temper I know they can afford ok

I wasn't aware of the accomodation, i'm just doing as liquorice asked. This doesn't mean get a rabbit before she's ready, just simply saying why most are better with company.

The poll just basically means are rabbits in general happier with company of their own kind be it 1 friend or more. :)

Rabbits are better living in pairs yes, they are very social animals and there's nothing better than watching two bunnies communicate with eachother, play together, sleep together, eat together, groom eachother etc! :love: Also most people wouldn't like to be stuck on their own all the time would they!

Fistly though Liquorice needs to recover from her spay and as mentioned she is overweight so perhaps a little diet would do her some good, I presumer she's aleady vaccinated for VHD and myxi but if not these to be done, and accomadation to be bigger and up to RSPCA minimum standars then I think her mum should think about contacting rescues for a friend all in good time. How big is the two floored hutch you mentioned?

Rabbits are better living in pairs yes, they are very social animals and there's nothing better than watching two bunnies communicate with eachother, play together, sleep together, eat together, groom eachother etc! :love: Also most people wouldn't like to be stuck on their own all the time would they!

Fistly though Liquorice needs to recover from her spay and as mentioned she is overweight so perhaps a little diet would do her some good, I presumer she's aleady vaccinated for VHD and myxi but if not these to be done, and accomadation to be bigger and up to RSPCA minimum standars then I think her mum should think about contacting rescues for a friend all in good time. How big is the two floored hutch you mentioned?

She has already recovered her stiches are out aswell

:thumb: Brilliant post.

One thing at a time :)

Her mum can come and talk on here if she wants to learn more :)

Back