• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Liquorices time Outside and Inside!!!!!!Photo heavy!!!!

Liquorice

Mama Doe
I'm packing on my holidays a.....Stick (I didn't put it in her lead she went through a pile of twigs....

DSCF1931.jpg

Is this a wierd apple or what...

DSCF1932.jpg

Now inside

Mama y mwy water upswide dwon

DSCF1997.jpg

Quick mwama hwide in here wiht mwe

DSCF1996.jpg

Mwama I'm nwot lwistening

DSCF1918.jpg

I'm ownly rwesting mwama

DSCF1922.jpg

More inside pics

DSCF2002.jpg

DSCF2005.jpg

DSCF2006.jpg

Bwy fwendly people xxx

By Liquorice

Last edited:
aww bless :D Looked like she had fun! :) Is Liquorice your only bun or does she have a friend? :love:

My only one I use to have a guinea pig an Liquorice used to lick her and cuddle with her but she sadly passed away in January. I can't wait to celabrate Liquorices Birthdy the 27th August she'll be 1 year old :D

What a pretty girl :love:

I must say thoigh, from those photos she looks a little over weight. Does she get plenty of exercise? :wave:

What a pretty girl :love:

I must say thoigh, from those photos she looks a little over weight. Does she get plenty of exercise? :wave:

She is overweight the vet said she is about 4kg lol

There is oine problem though.....
My mum she is always feeding my rabbit I feed her in the morning then my mum feeds her twice during the day I tell her not to but she wont listen :(

My mum she is always feeding my rabbit I feed her in the morning then my mum feeds her twice during the day I tell her not to but she wont listen :(

So how about you don't feed her in the morning, that way, when your mum feeds her, she's getting 2/3 of what she was getting instead.

Also, there doesn't appear to be much hay there, you should keep that topped up so she can munch during the day :)

She is lovely looking though :)

So how about you don't feed her in the morning, that way, when your mum feeds her, she's getting 2/3 of what she was getting instead.

Also, there doesn't appear to be much hay there, you should keep that topped up so she can munch during the day :)

She is lovely looking though :)

Well she has pulled all the hay out of the rack and put it on the floor so she can lie own and eat at the same time :lol:

Thats a difficult situation, your mum really needs to listen to you (and your vet!) about that.
Shes doing more harm than good feeding her more than once a day. The average bun should have approximately 1 egg cup full of pellets per day, unlimited hay and a handful of bunny safe veg. Fruit and treats are ok VERY rarely and in very small amounts, but on a bun as overweight as Liquorice I wouldnt give her any treats atall.
Being overweight can cause serious health problems in a bun. Maybe get your mum to read this thread if she doesnt realise hun :wave:

Thats a difficult situation, your mum really needs to listen to you (and your vet!) about that.
Shes doing more harm than good feeding her more than once a day. The average bun should have approximately 1 egg cup full of pellets per day, unlimited hay and a handful of bunny safe veg. Fruit and treats are ok VERY rarely and in very small amounts, but on a bun as overweight as Liquorice I wouldnt give her any treats atall.
Being overweight can cause serious health problems in a bun. Maybe get your mum to read this thread if she doesnt realise hun :wave:

Ok but she is meant to be that heavy as i have just realise as she is a rex cross silver fox and silver fox rabbits are 9-10lbs minimum

Ok but she is meant to be that heavy as i have just realise as she is a rex cross silver fox and silver fox rabbits are 9-10lbs minimum

I dont know whether thats correct or not, but for her size she looks overweight to me. Shes extremely rounded rather than sleek shaped

:love: her, she's gorgeous.

If your vet says she is overweight then she is overweight :) She is exceptionally beautiful though and will look even more awesome when she is in pinacle condition :)

My only one I use to have a guinea pig an Liquorice used to lick her and cuddle with her but she sadly passed away in January. I can't wait to celabrate Liquorices Birthdy the 27th August she'll be 1 year old :D

Aww i'm sorry to hear about your guinea pig. :( In time do you think you will get a friend for Liquorise? I'm sure she loved her piggy friend but a bunny friend would benefit her a lot as she'd be able to communicate with him. :) Also rabbits are social animals and tend to be much happier in pairs or groups. :) With school you can't be with her all day so a boyfriend can keep her company. :love: With rescues overflowing I don't think it would be hard to find the perfect bun. x

Aww i'm sorry to hear about your guinea pig. :( In time do you think you will get a friend for Liquorise? I'm sure she loved her piggy friend but a bunny friend would benefit her a lot as she'd be able to communicate with him. :) Also rabbits are social animals and tend to be much happier in pairs or groups. :) With school you can't be with her all day so a boyfriend can keep her company. :love: With rescues overflowing I don't think it would be hard to find the perfect bun. x

I totally agree with this, its lovely having a pair of rabbits, they sit together and play together and keep each other company :)

I saw a perfect bunny in a rescue but it's my mum she oesn't understand an thinks she's ok by herself (don't blame my mum but i can) It was a little male and well as she is inside at the moment when it starts snowing outside she thinks we will have to bring them in so do we have to? Also I asked her for two more guine pigs as we have another cage but no no no please get everyone to put rabbits are better with company so I can get my mum to read it

My pair of rabbits get on so well, but I never manage to get any photos of them together much, but this is the best one I have to show how much they love company:

DSCN1558-2.jpg

(You can't really see from the photo but Molly's licking Archie :lol: ) My 2 rabbits just sit together and play together, its so sweet, and when Molly gets scared she hides behind Archie :lol:
Please consider getting a rescue friend for your rabbit, if you go to a rescue the rabbit will probably already be neutered and vaccinated and they may be able to bond your rabbit and the rescue rabbit together, so its not very difficult for you, you just have to take the new rabbit home :)

Sorry the photos so big again :oops: I really need to sort out my camera, it makes the photos too big :(

I couldn't agree more! :thumb:

She is very gorgeous:love::love:
What do you and your mum feed her appart from lots and lots of hay?
Maybe if you don't feed her in the morning it will at least be cutting down a little bit.:)

Is she neutered?

I've just bonded my bo with a girl and he's so much better temperament wise! Really does make a difference - always cuddling up together and binkying around :love::love:

I couldn't agree more! :thumb:

She is very gorgeous:love::love:
What do you and your mum feed her appart from lots and lots of hay?
Maybe if you don't feed her in the morning it will at least be cutting down a little bit.:)

Is she neutered?

she is spayed and i feed her complemetry stuff and food and forage an sometimes this nice stuff from homebargains

Back