• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rapid breathing at night :{

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
On quite a few occasions now Max has started breathing quite rapidly (almost panting) at around 9 in the evening. It is always when we have had an especially hot day, so im suspecting it might be something to do with the air cooling down in the evenings? I have noticed Mimi and Charlotte both do it aswell, but only on one occasion each. Max does it alot :(
Any ideas???Hes always fine again by the next morning *touches wood*
Any ideas? :wave:

My Honey does this too :wave: not just in the evening though, it seems quite random :? She seems fine though :)

I've found on the very hot days that often the temp increases inside at that time of night and it gets quite stuffy (I have a weather station inside so that I know the temps inside and outside). I tend to aim to cool mine down and invariably they stop their rapid breathing.

I've found on the very hot days that often the temp increases inside at that time of night and it gets quite stuffy (I have a weather station inside so that I know the temps inside and outside). I tend to aim to cool mine down and invariably they stop their rapid breathing.

Yeh it does get more humid in the evenings here now you mention it. I leave the windows open to keep the air moving but then worry that the change in temp compared to during the day might affect them :?

I wouldn't worry about that too much to be honest, they just need air moving and to be kept cool. I have fans blowing at all my indoor bunnies (so they have a place where the fans are blowing, but also a place where they can get away from blowing fans) and then anything else to hep them keep cool depending on how they cope with the heat.

Molly gets like that sometimes on a hot day. I set up a fan for her which she seems to love. I only have it on the lowest setting so its not too windy for her. She sits in front of it chilling out.

barnes used to do it for no apparant reason, i just let him
be and he would be ok, it was known as having the "huffy puffy's"

emx

Back