• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilema

angel242c

Young Bun
I'm having a major dilema and don't know if I've done the right thing :(

I took one of my bunnies to be spayed yesterday,which all went great and she is eating pooing. Although I had to beg for metacam, and only got it when I said to the nurse, 'how would you like it if you had a hystorectomy and the hospital sent you home without pain relief?!!' :censored:

My dilema is that she had cross wildie babies nearly 9 weeks ago (I rescued her when they were 2 weeks old so they have all been well handled since birth as I was looking after the mum for a friend!!). I took them all to the vets with her yesterday, and he confirmed that they were 3 boys and a girl. I felt that Missy needed to be indoors after the spay to keep an eye on her, and thought that this was the best time to seperate the boys from the girls. The little girl, Lunabee, stayed indoors with her mum, but she seems very quiet (shell shocked would be the best term) but is eating and pooing.

My worry is, have I done the right thing? Should I keep them all together longer? HELP!!!!!

I plan to put them all back together when the boys have been neutered, but am so worried about the whole situation.

PS Mum, Missy, is loving being indoors and has gone from evil attack bunny (she had been like this for over a year at her previous home) to happy cuddly bunny that is loving a fuss!!! :love:

I don't have a lot of experience with babies but would think you have done the right thing. Like you say the little girl is probably a bit shell shocked. She has had a lot of change, moving indoors, leaving her brothers and now her mum smells differently and is probably feeling a little sorry for herself.

As long as she is still eating and pooing hopefully she will settle down very soon

Sounds like you have done the right thing and agree with Lizs comments. I would just keep an eye on them all

Thank you so much, you've put my mind at rest. I've been worrying so much that I'd done the wrong thing.

As you have both said, I will keep a close eye on them, particularly little Lunabee, to make sure they are eating/drinking/pooing. At least with her only being 1/2 the size of mum, I can tell whose poo's are whose!!! :lol:

Back