• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dark Cloudy Urine? (Gross Wee Pic)

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Does this picture of rabbit wee look like its anything to worry about?

August2011014.jpg

It looks really dark and a bit cloudy but not chalky so I'm thinking its not anything to worry about :? But then one of Twinkle or Star seems to keep weeing there lately which is just a bit odd, so I thought I would post it tonight to get thoughts?

Mine have had wee like that and it's never been a problem. I'm not really an expert though.

Ok thank you. Its just been bugging me so I thought if I dont ask I wont know. And the fact that one of them keeps weeing there, rather than in or by their litter tray which is a bit odd - but I usually worry over nothing! :lol::oops:

Sometimes Grim's is fluorescent yellow. And they've had red wee and all sorts. I wonder what makes it go that browny colour though. Perhaps lots of fibre?

My bunnys wee looks similar, maybe even a bit more of a rusty shade!

I would say it is nothing to worry about, whenever I take my bun for a check up I always mention the colour of the urine, just to be on the safe side.

I worry alot aswell, but it keeps me on my toes :)

You should see some of Ginger's when she stops drinking for periods of time (limited kidney function) :shock:

They can be funky colours.

Yeah Muesli's can be like that sometimes, its been borderline red, bright orange, dark brown, and then sometimes just clear and watery.

I guess I was just worring in case it was an indicator that Twinkle or Star might have something similar to him, as the others (bar Kenco) are great at using their litter tray so I never see the colour of their wee to compare!!

Its great isnt it, all this comparing wee and poo!! :mrgreen:

Back