• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

carlo has one lopped ear. Could this be due to the heat?

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
Carlo was born a lop, then his ears went up. Since it has been hot his ear has lopped. Down when he is at rest? Is this normal? He can pick it up still :?

Yes, the heat can cause an ear/ears to lop. But I would just check within the ear canal as it can also occur in the early stages of an ear infection. I very much doubt it is that though, it is far more likely to be a 'normal' response to the hot weather :)

Yes, the heat can cause an ear/ears to lop. But I would just check within the ear canal as it can also occur in the early stages of an ear infection. I very much doubt it is that though, it is far more likely to be a 'normal' response to the hot weather :)

Aha!! This answers a query I thought of asking!! Thankyou!!

Thanks Jane, he looks funny will add some pictures later, his ear looks normal at the moment. He must be hot he is using the iced bottles I put out :love:

Dont forget those pics. I swear my 2 never moved from the time I went out this morning until I got home at 6. Was wondering if I had made a big mistake letting them freerange all day on their own.

They are so lazy. :lol::lol:

Sooty has one uppy ear and one lop ear usually and over the last 2 days both ears have been lopped - she looks very odd.
Im hoping its just the heat too!

Back