• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weed identification help

Leximo

Young Bun
Could someone identify these weeds and tell me if they are bunny safe? Thanks :wave:

dscn2050o.jpg

dscn2052u.jpg

dscn2053v.jpg

4. Is this one trefoil? Probably not, I'm hopeless at identifying weeds :oops:

dscn2054g.jpg

I recognise the first one but I can't remember what it is called - it's something that's used as ground cover in areas where game are bred and released. I'm sure it used to grow inside my bunny run at a previous house and never caused any harm (they never ate it, just ignored it).

I think the first is at john's wort, the third is dandelion and the last is black medic, don't know the second one though.

The second one is a tree-type plant although I can't name it, sorry. It will grow HUGE - our garden has several specimens in it. My advice is pull it up while it's small and you should get the roots out as once it's bigger the root system is a lot bigger and you'll have to dig it out. Don't know if it's bunny safe but mine grab the odd mouthful now and then.

First one is hypericum

Second is a seedling from a fruit tree and could be flowering cherry or similar. We have hundreds of these in the garden.

Just trying to remember what number 4 is

Back