• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why can't vet care be free!

lilly,val,thumper and snow have their routine myxi's on friday so thats £53
then fifi is getting spayed on monday so thats £49
my dogs needs some more antibiotics for her ears so thats about £25
and i think fifi may need something for her nose as it looks like she has slight snuffles so god knows how much that will cost!

i save for months then within a matter of hours it's gone:lol:

Tell me about it, Benji is costing me a fortune! Good job I luvs him:love:

I don't think you've got it TOO bad though... When I get my four's myxi vaccs done it's £80:shock: and then another £80 two weeks later for their VHD:shock:

Peanut's neuter is going to be £60, good job he's going to be done around the same time as my birthday:lol:

Tell me about it, Benji is costing me a fortune! Good job I luvs him:love:

I don't think you've got it TOO bad though... When I get my four's myxi vaccs done it's £80:shock: and then another £80 two weeks later for their VHD:shock:

Peanut's neuter is going to be £60, good job he's going to be done around the same time as my birthday:lol:

haaa, oh no i don't compared to some people i know my vets is very reasonable but it's still alot of money to me!:p

haaa, oh no i don't compared to some people i know my vets is very reasonable but it's still alot of money to me!:p

Part of me wants to find a cheaper vet, but mine are bunny savvy and have a VERY bunny savvy temp vet.. so I don't really want to move. Plus all our animals are registered there:?

Part of me wants to find a cheaper vet, but mine are bunny savvy and have a VERY bunny savvy temp vet.. so I don't really want to move. Plus all our animals are registered there:?

ive tried ringing round other places, to see if there are any even cheaper bunny savy vets but the only decent one i found was so expensive it was rediculous!
and i trust my vets i use, all my animals are with them and there only a 10 mins walk away.

Vet fees are expensive but compared to what other professionals, (private doctors, solicitors etc) who have had similar training and qualifications they are cheap, put in another way if vets had trained in another field they could earn far more so we should be grateful that they are there for our animals when they are needed and that they do not charge as much as private doctors

Vet fees are expensive but compared to what other professionals, (private doctors, solicitors etc) who have had similar training and qualifications they are cheap, put in another way if vets had trained in another field they could earn far more so we should be grateful that they are there for our animals when they are needed and that they do not charge as much as private doctors

i am well aware of that, and of course i am greatful that they are around and that my vets are cheaper to most. but that does not mean i can't wish vet fees were free, or abit cheaper...

i jungle between 2 vets bbit nguthy but one does vacination quite cheap but i get them neutered at the other vets because there better with rabbits:)

lilly,val,thumper and snow have their routine myxi's on friday so thats £53
then fifi is getting spayed on monday so thats £49
my dogs needs some more antibiotics for her ears so thats about £25
and i think fifi may need something for her nose as it looks like she has slight snuffles so god knows how much that will cost!

i save for months then within a matter of hours it's gone:lol:

What is the problem with your dogs ears?

What is the problem with your dogs ears?

sorry only just seen that you had asked this!

- she has a realy problem with her, shes in perfect health for her age which is good but shes allways had problems with them. im not sure why, we think it may be or atleast doesn't help that she sticks her head in every bush going so things allways go in them.

but basically they are very sore, and irritated get dirty and they bleed from the irritation, shes been on antibiotics, we clean her ears with a perscribed solution everyday but they arn't getting better :/

sorry only just seen that you had asked this!

- she has a realy problem with her, shes in perfect health for her age which is good but shes allways had problems with them. im not sure why, we think it may be or atleast doesn't help that she sticks her head in every bush going so things allways go in them.

but basically they are very sore, and irritated get dirty and they bleed from the irritation, shes been on antibiotics, we clean her ears with a perscribed solution everyday but they arn't getting better :/
Im so sorry to hear this,my dog Tess has severe allergies to meat,mites,clover,pollen etc etc.One of her symptoms is very itchy inflamed ears,my vets prescribed abx and drops which didnt help,I now use apple cider vinegar which has really helped.Here is a link to a site which may help your dog.

http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/ear_infection.html

Back