• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had a row with vet!!

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
..... and I am absolutely disgusted by their attitude!!

They run an 'open clinic' so you just turn up between certain times and wait your turn. Well yesterday I rang in the morning to say I was bringing my two bunnies in for their vaccs and to ask who was on clinic between 2 and 3.

Turned up at 2pm and they only had one vaccine!!! OK, was a bit wazzed off at having to go back (well, really upset actually because both the bunnies and me HATE going to the vet) but these things happen.

Went back today and it was a different vet ..... I happened to mention that I was upset at having to come back today with two already stressed out bunnies ..... and her attitude was just awful!

She actually asked me why I bothered to bring them both back when only one needed a vaccine!! Asked me why hadn't I double checked when I rang that they had enough vaccine in (when did that start being my job? Especially as the receptionist - who orders the vaccines - knew I was bringing in two bunnies for their jabs). Never once apologised and when I said, at least Drew yesterday was apologetic she just rolled her eyes and sighed!!!!

I said that I wanted to handle Dizzi and if she told me how she wanted her held I'd do it (that's what the vet the day before did) and explained that it was because she was so stressed. So, the vet refused to look at her back teeth and said I was being ridiculous and she couldn't do her job with me interfering!!!!

I was in tears by the time I came out - I'm still shaking now!!

I also said that Dizzi had jumped from my shoulder (which must be nearly 5ft high) when I was trying to put her in the carrier and would she check her out properly - but she didnt!!

I've told the receptionist there'll be a complaint going in and that there's no way I'll be going back there again!!

I just couldn't believe her attitude, ok I said a few blunt things myself because I was upset, but she didn't even apologise!!!

I'm crying again now, sooo upset ..... the bunnies are absolutely terrified now!!

Jo x

:shock::shock:, that's awful. I would be equally annoyed if that's what happened. Surely a vet, of all people, should know that bunnies stress easily :shock:

Hugs. Have yourself a nice cup of tea, and a sit down, and when you are nice a calm, have a look for a new vet!

xxx

Thanks, her attitude was just soooo, well, like I just didn't matter and neither did my bunnies!!

She said at one point ....... next time you come. I almost laughed in her face, but instead managed a 'oh, there won't be a next time, we're not coming here again, not with your attitude as it is'!!

Think I got my point across!!

Those poor bunnies!!

Bloomin' 'eck. Bizarre that you should ever have to phone to check they have enough vaccine in when you make an appointment for two bunnies. It might be different if it was 20.

That's dreadful! Reminds me of the vet across our road who wouldn't tell me what he was giving Buckley because I'm "not a qualified veterinary surgeon" and I "wouldn't understand".

**hugs to you** **noserubs to the fuzzies**

I'm sorry you've had to experience a bad vet :(

That's awful!! :shock: definitely complain, possibly to RCVS too.

Good idea!

If she'd just said 'oh really sorry you've had to make a return trip' or anything along those lines I'd have been fine with it ...... but for her to talk to me like I was something she'd just stepped in was bang out of order.

Plus asking why I'd brought both bunnies when only one needed a vacc makes me wonder how much she knows about rabbits anyhow!!

Thanks everyone.

Think I'll go and sit in the aviary with the bunnies and a cuppa for a bit, that'll calm me down.

xx

Sorry you had to experience that Bitzy :(

So much for the search for the new vets eh? :(

Yeah, think from now on they're just going to have to go back to a 45 min car ride (each way) to see the previous vet .... they actually care about the animals and their owers.

That's digusting! Definelty report if you are that dis-satisfied with the service.

Thanks everyone.

Think I'll go and sit in the aviary with the bunnies and a cuppa for a bit, that'll calm me down.

xx

^^ do this....Im sure if you relax and they see that - they will calm down and feel safe....
What a terrible thing to have happened...Id be absolutely furious and would def. complain...thats def. not respectful and they obviously have no idea about how buns work in pairs etc......quite shocking :evil:

Yes I had a row like that at my old vets.There is a note on my file now that he is not to have anything to do with my rabbits at all.Dont let one vet put you off what I presume,is normally a good vets.Just avoid that vet.:)

Sadly some vets just seem to be on a treadmill without caring. My old vet surgery we'd see a different vet every time, some were good and would explain things, some would look at you with a 'why have you bought in a rabbit for me to have to bother with' expression on their face, one told me to PTS a rabbit who was getting better.

Trinity is like a breath of fresh air!

Sadly some vets just seem to be on a treadmill without caring. My old vet surgery we'd see a different vet every time, some were good and would explain things, some would look at you with a 'why have you bought in a rabbit for me to have to bother with' expression on their face, one told me to PTS a rabbit who was getting better.

Trinity is like a breath of fresh air!

Yep her attitude was like I was just a nuisance to her!! :censored:

Back