• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roger the black wildie and his wifey Sandy

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
20110802_70.jpg

20110802_74.jpg

20110802_78.jpg

20110802_82.jpg

20110802_84.jpg

20110802_88.jpg

20110802_91.jpg

20110802_93.jpg

20110802_94.jpg

20110802_95.jpg

20110802_98.jpg

20110802_110.jpg

Call me silly but he could of been someone's pet? :? Don't see many black wildies here....

Black wildies are pretty common; there was a thread on it recently.

He was caught by an RSPCA Inspector because they thought he was a domestic :roll:, but he is totally wild by nature and was very much accepted and part of a very large warren of all wild rabbits. I would think somewhere down the line he has a domestic in him, but, to all intents and purposes, he is wild.

whitehood said:
Is Roger friendly ?

When he first arrived at the Centre he would run in a blind panic and was just so panicked about everything. Three years down the line, he can hand feed, he can run around and enjoy time inside, he can come over if he thinks it's worth it, he plays with toys (especially loud toys, those are his favourites).

But is he friendly? He is bound by the fact he is wild and lived wild until about 7-9 months old. He is petrified of hands and handling but as long as he thinks there is no threat then he is very happy around people. I don't push him. I don't have any need for him to be anything other than what he wants to be. I just want him to be happy. He should never have been caught, but when he was I was his only option and i've done my best to make him as happy as he could be, and I think he is. He binkies and stuff like that. It's not the life he deserved, but it is the one he has.

When he first arrived at the Centre he would run in a blind panic and was just so panicked about everything. Three years down the line, he can hand feed, he can run around and enjoy time inside, he can come over if he thinks it's worth it, he plays with toys (especially loud toys, those are his favourites).

But is he friendly? He is bound by the fact he is wild and lived wild until about 7-9 months old. He is petrified of hands and handling but as long as he thinks there is no threat then he is very happy around people. I don't push him. I don't have any need for him to be anything other than what he wants to be. I just want him to be happy. He should never have been caught, but when he was I was his only option and i've done my best to make him as happy as he could be, and I think he is. He binkies and stuff like that. It's not the life he deserved, but it is the one he has.

:wave:

Wow! I didn't see that thread :oops: I havent seen a black wild bun :( going into my local town though there's a huge roundabout where all the wildies stay so I'll keep an eye there.
Hes a Lovely boy :)

Roger looks great and looks so brave coming for photos.:D

Its lovely they are together. I'm sure they are both exceptionally happy.

Back