• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sunday's going to be a sad day...

I get home from my holiday on saturday night and then the following morning i'll be cleaning out the shed and making it all nice for the bunnies when they come home. But 4 alive rabbits wont be coming home :cry: I'll be so happy to see Mischief, tinkerbell and Blossom but my poor jasper bun is coming back in a box. I miss my Jasper bunny so much. :cry:

so sad..it will be hard but you need to grieve
hopefully with time you can look forward to finding his partner a new husbun
thinking of you x

Oh Emma. :cry: I don't know what to say because nothing will ease your pain.:cry:
Will be thinking of you. ((((((hugs)))))) xxxxx

Thank you everyone, no i don't know exactly what he died of but i'm pretty sure it was a brian problem. :( When i think back to the past, he had seemed sad recently and I'd even mentioned it once or twice. I never thought he was ill though because he was eating and pooing fine so i assumed everything was ok. He always jumped up as soon as i got out food and seemed his normal self. He didn't seem ill, just sad but he probably had a headache, i wish i'd known. They hide illnesses so well. :cry: We'll speak to lynne (person caring for him when we were away) and the vet but i don't want a pm done.

Jasper was bonded with tink, mischief and bloss but after the 2 girls fought, i made the hard decision to split them into 2 pairs. Jasper went with tink because she was the one he stuck with the most. So she was with him when he passed away, she sat with him and groomed him when he'd gone. :cry: After a good 20 mins, lynne took jasper to the vet to look for obvious symptoms as to why he'd fitted and died. Nothing obvious and all the other rabbits are fine so we're 100% sure it wasn't E.C. Tinkerbell is still grieving but poor mischief and bloss won't know where he's gone. :cry: I'm not sure whether to show jasper to them before we bury him but my mum said he won't smell the same and they won't know it's him. :(

I'm also considering putting tink back with mischief (they're brother and sister) and then sort something out for bloss... but she loves mischief too. :cry: I could try a trio but i was told by the vet that the girls can't go together. :( But now there's only 3 buns, will the dinamics be different and might they get along? If not I'll have to consider a new bun but I don't want to do that anytime soon. It wouldn't feel right. :(

Thank you everyone, no i don't know exactly what he died of but i'm pretty sure it was a brian problem. :( When i think back to the past, he had seemed sad recently and I'd even mentioned it once or twice. I never thought he was ill though because he was eating and pooing fine so i assumed everything was ok. He always jumped up as soon as i got out food and seemed his normal self. He didn't seem ill, just sad but he probably had a headache, i wish i'd known. They hide illnesses so well. :cry: We'll speak to lynne (person caring for him when we were away) and the vet but i don't want a pm done.

Jasper was bonded with tink, mischief and bloss but after the 2 girls fought, i made the hard decision to split them into 2 pairs. Jasper went with tink because she was the one he stuck with the most. So she was with him when he passed away, she sat with him and groomed him when he'd gone. :cry: After a good 20 mins, lynne took jasper to the vet to look for obvious symptoms as to why he'd fitted and died. Nothing obvious and all the other rabbits are fine so we're 100% sure it wasn't E.C. Tinkerbell is still grieving but poor mischief and bloss won't know where he's gone. :cry: I'm not sure whether to show jasper to them before we bury him but my mum said he won't smell the same and they won't know it's him. :(

I'm also considering putting tink back with mischief (they're brother and sister) and then sort something out for bloss... but she loves mischief too. :cry: I could try a trio but i was told by the vet that the girls can't go together. :( But now there's only 3 buns, will the dinamics be different and might they get along? If not I'll have to consider a new bun but I don't want to do that anytime soon. It wouldn't feel right. :(

Aw thats terrible :(

just think of all the joy that he brought you! and the good times you had with him

I know its hard, but I hope things become easier, at least he had a fantastic life while he was living with you, he couldnt have belonged to a better owner!
x

:cry:Ikm so sorry about Jasper....I think you know your bunnies and will lknow whats best....the girls may fight as they vet has said...but they also may be ok.....I guess you will know their personalities and how they are with each other....very hard....hugs....:cry:

Im so very sorry. It must be so hard to have lost him and not be there :cry: :cry:
((((mega hugs))))

it must all be so hard for you! Just take one day at a time and dont rush into anything. grieve for Jasper once you are home amd then have a think about the other 3. If only Tink and Bloss would get on hey. So difficult!
Thinking of you on Sunday xx

I am so sorry. It will be a hard day but hopefully being home with the rest of the buns will help you and give some small comfort.

so sorry :cry:
jasper was a fab bun that would be just such a shock when he wasnt acting at all ill
bunny shouldnt hide it we need to know :(

i agree with what someone said above take it slow and one day at a time
and just think about what to do i can defienently understand u on not getting ano bunny straight away i wouldnt either but i know u have girl trouble hmm
at least u know one thing
yes blossom wouldnt want it but if u wanted to she has lived ok on her own before maybe she would wait while u waited for ano bun in future for her

Back