• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vets 10.30 esme :(

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
my baby girl was fine first thing. ate her herby breakfast, had a run around the garden.

now she's flat, unresponsive and in pain.

i've given her a drop of metacam to try to easy any possible gassy pain and tried to get her moving. no joy.

esme never refuses food. essie is always nosing about.

please keep us in your thoughts. i'm pretty scared.

and i have very annoyed parents - i was supposed to be taking them out for the day but obviously i've cancelled. my mother's attitude has upset me. a lot.

Mega vibes for Esme. xxx

Forget your mother, she will get over it. I realise many peoples family and friends on RU don't understand the importance of animals, sadly.

*squishes tight* I'm sorry your mum has been less than supportive.

I hope that Esme picks up and the vets can help her on the road to recovery.

If you need a rant/vent or anything, then my PM box is open :)

Oh no, lots of vibes for Esme. Sorry your mum wasn't very understanding about it though. :(

Sending loads of vibes for Esme, I hope it's not as serious as it sounds.

This day is very important for Esme, any other day will do for your parents.

Edit to add: When Little Dot was seriously ill, I'd asked my mum to look in on her, and when she reported back I left work mid-shift as it sounded really serious. When I got home my mum is asking if I want a drink, have something to eat ... I said that Dot needed to see a vet URGENTLY, I need to leave NOW but I don't think she really 'got it' until we had bad news later that day. I don't think other people really do get how serious it is if they are not closely associated with bunnies. I hope they understand when they've had time to realise.

Last edited:
Poor esme i hope she gets better!!!

Sending a gift of ten thousand vibes for esme xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thank you all. Tum seemed ok and teeth no different to usual.
She seems a bit brighter. Probably gas as she started eating when pain relief kicked in. She's a bit quiet though and isn't interested in going outside-don't blame her really as It's so hot.

We're both going to have a nap now and I'll see how she is later. luckily, our vet is open til 6. 30

Glad that Esme is a little better.

Sending loads of recovery vibes and hope that she is back to full health very soon. xx

Back