• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cant belive what i was hearing!

beccimarie

Mama Doe
I went to a mates house the other day and his O/H was there.. she was telling me about when she had 7 rabbits.. " one liked to eat meat" she said :? she carried on by saying " no no its ok, the vet said it was ok to feed her ham if she didnt like rabbit food" :? .. my face was like :shock: and she went on to say " well they are all dead now anyway cos they ate a honey suckle plant".. omg. i was absolutly speechless, i didnt say a word :roll:

Last edited:
:shock::shock: Wow... I don't think I'd have known what to say either. That is just shocking..

And that's why I don't like calling rabbits vegetarians instead of herbivores. To idiots, vegetarian implies that they CAN eat meat but usually choose not to. Because, you know, rabbits would know what meat is and make the conscious choice not to eat it :roll:

I had a rabbit years ago - Rosie. At the time we were having a refurb done on our house and it was summer so the builders would sit in the garden and eat their packed lunch. Rosie was free range with her burrows in the garden and would quite often appear from nowhere and pinch their ham sarnies. I'd see the builders chase her down the garden trying to get their sarnies back. She was also a nightmare for penguin bars. She ate a couple of ham sarnies and chocolate bars. I used to try and stand guard at lunch times but she still managed it. She seemed to love ham. :shock:

ETA: I never 'fed' it to her. It was a complete accident the couple of times when she did manage to get hold of it.

:shock::shock: Wow... I don't think I'd have known what to say either. That is just shocking..

And that's why I don't like calling rabbits vegetarians instead of herbivores. To idiots, vegetarian implies that they CAN eat meat but usually choose not to. Because, you know, rabbits would know what meat is and make the conscious choice not to eat it :roll:

yes defiantly! thankfully she isnt getting anymore.. i just honestly could not belive that someone would think that is "normal"!

Back