• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Etana and Esca (Giant African Land Snails)

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Just been up to mist their so called tank and give them their tea, cucumber and strawberry :D I felt a bit bad because I think they were asleep but I lifted the lid off and Etana poked her head out straight away (I think h/she is the liviest of the pair) and after putting the food in Esca (short for Escargot) soon followed! I've been stroking them and they no longer pull their bodies into their shells a bit :) I'm hoping to get a new tank asap, I've already been out to buy furnishings! :oops: I just want to treat them!

From previously only been fed iceburg lettuce I think cucumber was a big hit!

etanaescargot1.jpg

Etana

etanaescargot2.jpg

Escargot

etanaescargot3.jpg

etanaescargot4.jpg

etanaescargot5.jpg

etanaescargot6.jpg

I'm sure they were grooming eachother earlier too! Then Etana though she'd like to sit in the corner Esca was in :roll: :lol:

Thankyou everyone :) Yes you can handle them, I haven't as of yet, just letting them get used to me. You can't pick them up by the shell as this will damage it, they have a very sensitive area where the shell is on the skin I believe so you have to slide your hand under their head and encourage them onto you that way I've been told :)

Back