• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Raise your hand if you worm your rabbits!

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
I've gone to a new vet with the buns - he seems much more thorough and he has told me off for not worming the buns. He made me buy a tube of Bunny Wormer for each of them - Pancure or something. I'm scared to give it in case they have a reaction!

Would you tell me if you worm your buns regularly and

If you've noticed any side effects.

Thanks! :wave:

I have in the past with no problems . There are differing thoughts on the administration of panacur if you a do search on here for it in the health section

You have to do it over 9 days!! I was hoping to squirt it on a foot and let them clean it off - might that work?

I have done it four times a year in the past but I don't now because of the risks of their systems getting used to it so I've been doing it once a year. I get it from VetUK, it's much cheaper!

Never done mine.

The thought of catching them every day for 9 days :shock:

And the pellet trick wouldn't work - Butters would ignore his, Lady would probably ignore hers, Dan and Clo would end up with one bunny eating both pellets :roll:

Never done mine.

The thought of catching them every day for 9 days :shock:

And the pellet trick wouldn't work - Butters would ignore his, Lady would probably ignore hers, Dan and Clo would end up with one bunny eating both pellets :roll:

I think I'd have to make some kind of gourmet concoction including, dried apple and carrot, pancure and mushed up pellets! Don't fancy my chances. There's no way I could catch buns for 9 days in a row - Lola yes - but she hates it and Benson - catching no prob, but syringe feeding - forget it!! :shock:

My vet says they used to recommend worming but do not now recommend it for prevention as it can affect white cells

I worm if I see worms in their poo :D Only then though.

One vet told me just to worm if they need wormed, but this new vet says it is necessary against ecunucli (cant spell that!!) He was really quite cross with me that I don't worm them! I respect that because he cares about my rabbits - but I dont want to rush in to anything without thinking it through! I'm not gonna be bullied by a well meaning vet!! :lol:

Back