• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what on earth!?

I wonder if anyone can answer this question for me!? My 2 male, neutered, brother rabbits who live in the same hutch have both done something strange....... A couple of weeks ago I found henry with a mouth FULL of hay, he didn't seem to be eating just stuffing more and more in, he kept it in for hours till we pulled it from him and he put it straight back in, he hasn't done it since but today I caught artie doing the same, it was making his nose run because his mouth was so full, I pulled it off him(after catching him) I checked in his mouth and teeth and all seems fine, when I gave them their tea they were both eating away fine,!?! The only thing I can find from searching is nesting for females but they're def boys cos they're neutered!? Can anyone answer this strange behaviour!?

Annmarie xxx

Sometimes some bucks are in touch with their maternal side! For some reason. Fluffers' Bouncer does the same. If their male and neutered I don't think you have anything to worry about. Maybe mention it next time they are at the vets for something.

Back