• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is it that makes pet safe cleaners safe for pets?

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
I can't remember exactly what it was, but I bought a wilkos one which smells very strong and awful, I can't believe it's recommended for pets! Smells like a febreeze cleaner!

Has 5-15% amphoteric surfactants and <5% non-ionic surfactants, EDTA and salts thereof.

Also contains disinfectant and perfume.

Is this safe?

I've started to worry about dodgy chemicals for myself, so equally I'm being more careful for cleaning the animals too. I use vinegar and a bit of Citricidal (grapefruit seed extract) now.

I have no idea what makes them safe, yours sounds quite potent though :?

I use a non toxic one that I buy from the hay experts. Its totally odourless :D

TBH I have had a bottle under the sink for about a year.

I use washing up liquid andd elbow grease. But its probably easy having indoor bunnies as I put everything in the bath and power shower it.

Ocassionally I use cream cleanser. I really don't like chemicals. Worry about the residue.

TBH I have had a bottle under the sink for about a year.

I use washing up liquid andd elbow grease. But its probably easy having indoor bunnies as I put everything in the bath and power shower it.

Ocassionally I use cream cleanser. I really don't like chemicals. Worry about the residue.

I used to use Ecover washing up liquid, thinking this was probably OK. I discovered that, even with loads of rinsing, it really irritated my piggies' bladders. :shock: So I don't use washing up liquid for any pet things anymore.

Thanks everyone, I've taken it back and gone with my old faithful of Johnson's. It smells decent, lasts a while and I know it's pet safe so I'm just gonna stick to that in future rather than try to save £1 and risk ending up with something that smells as gross as this wilkos one :lol:

Back