• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccination cards

Alicia

Mama Doe
I phoned the vets today and made an appointment for the rabbits to get their myxi vaccinations on Thursday, and the lady on the phone asked if I had their vaccination cards, and I said no and explained that I got them from a rescue, and she seemed a bit confused that the rescue wouldn't have given me a vaccination card for them. I know that they were vaccinated in February for myxi, do vets not give rescues vaccination cards, or are these not passed on to new owners? It's not a problem because the lady at the vets said that they can give me one on Thursday but I was just wondering if anyone else was given your rabbits vaccination cards when you got them?

Mine had cards at their first vets, I have no idea where they are :oops: I always forgot them, I keep a record on the computer instead. I'll have to ask next time though cos they will hopefully be boarding some time next year.

Ok, thank you :) I am glad that I can get the vaccination card, but as the rabbits have been vaccinated by the rescue, if I had wanted to board them when I went on holiday a few weeks ago, would I have been able to, because I don't have a vaccination card? I know it doesn't matter now but I'm just thinking :lol:

Ok, thank you :) I am glad that I can get the vaccination card, but as the rabbits have been vaccinated by the rescue, if I had wanted to board them when I went on holiday a few weeks ago, would I have been able to, because I don't have a vaccination card? I know it doesn't matter now but I'm just thinking :lol:

probably not at a place they have never been to before, i think they need proof for the safety of all buns that they have staying, but if your rescue does boarding they would have some sort of record so they would of taken them no problem :D

Gertie's was meant to be sent to me, but was overlooked. To be fair, the lady who ran the rescue was heavily pregnant and had other things on her mind!
I just emailed her when I thought she was due to make sure and then got my vet to write out a new card for her. :)

I had one from Windwhistle Warren when we adopted Daisy. But Lilly had never seen a vet in her 2-3 years so the vets made her a new one. The vets did say that the cards arent really important as all records are held on their system - so if a card gets lost - they can easily write a new one if anyone needs it.

If you cant get hold of them you can always ask them to make you up a new card when you go for these vaccinations. It wont have any old info on them though (like previous vaccs) but will record the new info.

Not much use but my vets don't do vacc cards for rabbits, didn't know most placews did :shock: But keep uptodatre on my calander when they do and gert reminders 2weeks before due anyway

when i got jazz (my dog) i was told she had all her puppy vacs but the card was lost.
i called the vet she had been vaccinated at while with her first owner, he confirmed she had been rehomed then i asked them to fax/mail her details to my vet which they did. then my vet just made her up a new card. :)

i have cards for my bunnies but if you have problems i'm sure your vet can help if you know the name of the vet that vaccinated her.

when i adopted 3 of my current rabbits from the rspca, i was given their vacination cards for each of them , i also have vaccination cards for all of my rabbits from the Vet's , as i like to keep an eye on when all of their next jabs are due and with 7 rabbits,that takes some organising! ;) although our Vet's also send out reminders for when the next one is due

Maybe contact the rescue and ask them to fax the rabbits vet history across to your new vets? :) We always send the bunnies to their new homes with their vaccination cards, but some adopters do ask for history too :) xx

I didn't get vaccination cards for either of my two when I got their vacc's done.

I used one vet for snowball and a better vet a few months later when I had bubbles done :?

Back