• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Went to the Vets for Dizzi & Rascals VHD vaccs today .........

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
...... but they only had one left so now I have to put them poor little bunnies through the whole thing again tomorrow!!

Dizzi and Rascal are already not happy with me because I took them today, God knows what they'll be like tomorrow when they realise they're going back again!!

Its one of these 'open clinic' type set ups ......... thing is I rang this morning to say I was bringing my two bunnies in for their VHD vaccs and asked which vet was doing the clinic ....... she could have told me then!

The vet was very apologetic and said to go back at 9am tomorrow but then when I got to reception to pay she said they don't get their delivery until about 11am so not to bother going until afternoon/evening!! Imagine if I hadn't mentioned to her that I was coming back in the morning ..... I'd have turned up and STILL they'd have had no vaccs!!

Reeeally annoyed that I have to put them through it all again!

that sounds very annoying, and stressful to bunnies that are not keen on going to the vets, luckily i have a vet i trust and nurses whome say to me your usual vet isn;t in today will sucha vet do

When I first went to have Spenser done this year the main practice had sent over the wrong vaccine. They were very apologetic and gave us a discount when we went back the following week.

When I first went to have Spenser done this year the main practice had sent over the wrong vaccine. They were very apologetic and gave us a discount when we went back the following week.

I may mention this, its not good enough to just say sorry really. As it is, I'm off work this week but had I taken time off especially to take them I'd be even more annoyed!!

I'm definitely going back to their previous vets after this! (I worried that they were too far away but I just have no confidence in this new lot so its worth the travel)!

Back