• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Head Xray vibes for my bun

CandyKane

Young Bun
My girl Tigerlilly is having a head Xray tomorrow she has had an eye problem for some time now although been fine in herself, she has had two types of drops and had her tear ducks flushed so now the vet is going to give her a head Xray to see if its her teeth causing the problem. She is at the vets overnight for tonight as the vet suggested if it was easier for me to leave her overnight and pick her up tomorrow afternoon when the results are in, I do worry about my bun so please if you could send her good vibes for tomorrow it would make me feel alittle better and hoepfully she will be ok.

i hope the xray brings good news.

my old fella frenchie..bertie has got duct probs...but head xrays stunned the vets...even john chitty!! He has perfect dentition if a little long....no rots on his ducts etc......but we never knew hed got pasturella till a few months after...now the vets reckon its the pasturella....he has them flushed awake every few months......hes such a good ole boy:love:

my 1st ever housebun was however not so lucky...they didnt xray her even tho i begged..she had one maybe 2 dentals a month and the last few months before she was pts..her eyes were constantly infected and the ducts were permanently blocked. She then had ear infections constantly..now id know different about pasturella etc.

i hope its good news...:wave: even if theres a problem...some buns and vets find a way to find and provide relief to a point...i hope your bun is going to be ok or if not can find a way to cope:love:

Tigerlilly came home yesterday the problem does seem to be her teeth they aren't growing right and the vet thinks cause of that she got a abscess in her nasal cavity and possibily behind her eye. She had her teeth grinned down and one back one taken out that was lose and abit pussy and her tear ducks flushed again, she has been put on more eye drops, Meloxidyl and baytrill to hopefully get rid of the infection. She hasn't eaten any of her food since she got home so I'm syringe feeding her, I have seen her drink but she isn't herself yet.

have you thought of asking for a CT scan? They can be very effective for abcess etc in ears and hidden in skull.

Angel had same problem eventually we had x-ray and it showed her roots are pressing on tear ducts, her mouth is constantly changing shape and last year we had no gucky white eyes for months now its flared up again but is starting to be her left eye (for 3 years its only been right) we have dentals when she needs sometimes 3 months overs 3 weeks.
We are on maxitrol at mo as vet thought she had infectiona nd put her on metacam as she had stopped eating her greens completety since meds she has started eating again. She stopped eating hay 3 years ago and has neverate it since, she cant manage it we chop everything small for her and she swallows nuggets whole we think but she is doing ok. she has off days but then pulls herself round so dont worry!
(As for ct scan its about £1500 to do so I would ask vet what other options are or can they not treat for what they think it is without causing harm if it isnt)

Back