• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay in Norwich tops £9 a bale!

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
Hi folks,

anyone know anywhere cheapr than Ken's Corn store in Norwich to get hay? It's now reached £9 a bale. I don't know whether PLG have got any in stock yet. The guyy at kens seemed to think not. :(

All the best

Jo

Last edited:
Hi folks,

anyone know anywhere cheapr than Ken's Corn store in Norwich to get hay? It's now reached £98 a bale. I don't know whether PLG have got any in stock yet. The guyy at kens seemed to think not. :(

All the best

Jo

£98/bale?!?!?!?!?! Typo? :lol:

I've looked and looked and can't find anywhere. I usually buy bags of Norfolk Pastures from the pet shop. The buns and chins love it and it's got rye, timothy and all sorts in it. It's £3.60 a bag I think so not as cheap as a bale. if you find somewhere I would love to know! :)

I might have found an alternative source that can supply a 35-40KG bale for £10.50 delivered. I've got one on order for delivery saturday. I'll let you all know how gree it looks and what the verdict is with the little tasters..

... this after just forking out £9 on bale from Ken's :shock: Ho hum. at least we'll be set for the winter. :roll:

The guy from Catton park told me he should hopefully have some ready the end of this week. They are £5 a bale. He said he would email me when its ready. I brought one from Kens on Sunday for £9 :shock: but it isnt green atall :roll:

I just bought one today for £8:shock: Its quite thin too...not very stalky - but is quite green....thank goodness Ive loads hawthorn for them to chew on something....they said they were shor of hay last year so this year prices are higher....dont quite understand as wouldnt this years be normal price as its anew harvest?:?

dont quite understand as wouldnt this years be normal price as its anew harvest?:?

No, all the hay suppliers are expecting it to be short again this year, so they're either now selling at inflated prices or they're refusing to sell at all until later in the year. My hay supplier can't get any small bales at all (he only makes huge round bales) as noone who has them is prepared to sell.

People certainly aren't going to sell cheap now on the basis that there's plenty of hay around when they know it won't last and they could get double the price in February.

Our hay actually went down again last time I went, only reduced by 25p but least it's not in the other direction. I'm paying £6.50 for a rectangular bale now.

I got 12 bin bags worth out of this one. A square one normally breaks down into 7 max. First impressions, nice and green but quite dusty, hopefully got the worst of it out when I re bagged it all. Now our shed is full to bursting with hay!

If you type in on the Internet hay for pets the first result that you see click on. I use this hay. I use the meadow hay which is £16 for 9.5 kg which I find is a very god price as hay is getting so expensive In pets at home and most pet shops.This hay is also very good quality.hope this helps.:)

Lovely, thank you!!
Will give them a ring tomorrow!! Good timing, was going to have to pop to Kens tomorrow!

Back