• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maples decided to trim my carpets!

carolineclair

Warren Scout
I've come back from my weeks holiday (with food poisoning to boot :-( ) and my house/rabbit sitter let maple stay in my bedroom over night, I clearly advised not to do this. She has left the back corner of my carpet totally thread bare! Not only that bit now she's eating at my carpet all over the lounge!! All this up and down to remove her From situations with food poisoning is killing me :-( I don't blame her, I chose to get a rabbit when I had new carpets but any suggestions on what I could do to deter or stop her!? I'm thinking of getting some ikea door mats and laying them in the corners of the rooms but I know she can lift them up easily and would soon be back to the carpet!

Love her to pieces and I forgive her in seconds but in the long run I need to find some solution?!?

I've come back from my weeks holiday (with food poisoning to boot :-( ) and my house/rabbit sitter let maple stay in my bedroom over night, I clearly advised not to do this. She has left the back corner of my carpet totally thread bare! Not only that bit now she's eating at my carpet all over the lounge!! All this up and down to remove her From situations with food poisoning is killing me :-( I don't blame her, I chose to get a rabbit when I had new carpets but any suggestions on what I could do to deter or stop her!? I'm thinking of getting some ikea door mats and laying them in the corners of the rooms but I know she can lift them up easily and would soon be back to the carpet!

Love her to pieces and I forgive her in seconds but in the long run I need to find some solution?!?

laminate floor, covered with a king size sheet, sheet them covered with blankies!!

chill n chew mats from the hay experts, wedge a corner under a heavy peice of furniture and they radge at it for ages!!

I used to have tasty fresh wood for my buns when they were little and prone to haveing a taste! Some apple branches, willow, hawthorn....all fresh is much better than dried....it tastes yum and as soon as bun starts to get interested in chewing...and kept putting it under their nose until they took it....then they tasted it and kept chewing at them.....hope it helps...just may work....:)

Thanks for ur replies. I bought a couple of door mats and laid them where she's prone to chewing. Have since realised while monitoring her chewing habits that he thinks it is a game!! Obviously she gets lots of attention as soon as I hear her doing it so I think she has now got into the habit! As soon as I walk near she turns around Binkys like mad and runs around my feet! Oooooo the little madam!!!! Hahaha
Guess I'll have to try some of the sticks and hope she decides they're more exciting and they come with cuddles rather than raised voices and clapping hands!!!

Back