• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

who has used Marbocyl for their bun?

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
Yuki has a head tilt, eyes flicker and runny poo

She has been given panacur, metacam and marbocyl

they dont know if its ec or not until the blood tests come back

basically I want to know how well Marbocyl works

Mimi was treated with Marbocyl when she had head tilt. She was on it for 15 days and it cleared up the infection (although she was tilted for weeks afterwards due to the damage done by the ear infection) so it worked very well for us :)

So sorry your bun has head tilt, its so horrible :( How is she coping?

Btw the Marbocyl may cause excess caecos so make sure shes eating plenty of hay. Also offer her any uneaten caecos incase she cant reach them due to her tilt :wave:

Mimi was treated with Marbocyl when she had head tilt. She was on it for 15 days and it cleared up the infection (although she was tilted for weeks afterwards due to the damage done by the ear infection) so it worked very well for us :)

So sorry your bun has head tilt, its so horrible :( How is she coping?

Btw the Marbocyl may cause excess caecos so make sure shes eating plenty of hay. Also offer her any uneaten caecos incase she cant reach them due to her tilt :wave:

I am thick lol what is caecos

shes not so bad at the moment because shes had this before i have caught it early I saw the signs

at the moment she has runny droppings but hopefully that will clear up

I know shes probably going to get worse before she gets better so I am preparing to see her as bad as she was last time.....

I am thick lol what is caecos

shes not so bad at the moment because shes had this before i have caught it early I saw the signs

at the moment she has runny droppings but hopefully that will clear up

I know shes probably going to get worse before she gets better so I am preparing to see her as bad as she was last time.....

Caecos is the poo that is sticky an normal joined together like a bunch of grapes and i hope the blood test results are good (crosses fingers)

Caecotrophs are the sticky smelly poos they do that look like a bunch of grapes. You dont usually see them because they eat them (gross!)

I hope youve caught it early enough that she doesnt get too baf. How long ago was it that she had it last time? Im so worried that Mimi might get it again :(

Caecotrophs are the sticky smelly poos they do that look like a bunch of grapes. You dont usually see them because they eat them (gross!)

I hope youve caught it early enough that she doesnt get too baf. How long ago was it that she had it last time? Im so worried that Mimi might get it again :(

just over a year ago -__- but it got to the falling over full head tilt etc.. stage last time

I knew the signs early enough this time....

I would keep an eye on your bun but I wouldnt worry about it happening again as I dont know whats wrong with yuki yet

Sending Yuri some get well vibes~~~~~~~

I've just been given Marbocyl for Munchkin and Tillys' infection as the Baytril wasn't working.
Lets hope this works (fingers crossed) :)

Back