• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

TEAL...a bird bunny update ..

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
after the fright she gave us going into stasis soon after arriving things seem to have settled down .
:D
Teal..although still very hand shy..is now getting curious . she will come over to sniff my hands arms and face when i lean into her hutch and willsometimes let me touch her briefly .

Any full on stroking and especialy picking up causes her to cry :(...but she is accepting a little more from me every day .

She has decided she prefers SS to excel and has discovered she likes readigrss and oxbow timothy hay . She like apple branches and loves clover and dandylions. She is starting to taste some veggies and will now eat a little cabbage , spring green , apple and carrot and sometimes will eat the top off a sprig of brocolli .
Teal has discovered toys and loves to destroy her grassy carrots (note to self must order moe :roll: )

Teal was only used to limited space when she arrived and sat hudled in the corner in our small run at first ..but we have now moved up in run size and she is happy to explore a little .

sore botty all better with fur grown back...and hocks healing nicely ..:D

now we need to tackle her weight problem as she realy is huge ..bless her ..

will try and get some pics over the next couple of days . :D

Bless her. :love: I can't remember which one Teal is so looking forward to pics. Sounds like she is making progress. :)

Glad she is improving.

Just wondered - were all the bird bunnies Netherland Dwarfs? And how do their personalities differ? I have heard their reputation is that they are a little grumpy lol

my little black Nethie Hilda is grumpy and is always the last one of my rabbits to accept any new comers to the group.

However a bridge bunny of mine Stewart was a very chilled out little guy.

Glad she is improving.

Just wondered - were all the bird bunnies Netherland Dwarfs? And how do their personalities differ? I have heard their reputation is that they are a little grumpy lol

my little black Nethie Hilda is grumpy and is always the last one of my rabbits to accept any new comers to the group.

However a bridge bunny of mine Stewart was a very chilled out little guy.

no Teal is a lop cross .. if you do a search you will find pics of her from when she arrived . :)

Great update :D So pleased to hear that she is improving. Well done to you for taking such good care of her :D:wave:

oh bless her:(

i remember how scared peggy and sue were at first but they came through in the end and had lovely lives so i hope its the same for teal xx

Brilliant news. :D I'm so glad that she is doing so well.

You're doing a fantastic job with her. :wave:

Back