• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help get rid of spiders!!!

bumblicious

Warren Veteran
Please help!
I just was cleaning out Bumble's run and I saw a massive spider i mean MASSIVE!!! It was the size of a tarantula!! Then we discovered there was more than one of these hideous things! I hardly dared go near! PLEASE tell me how I can get rid of them - bunny safe! Tell me there's something as i'm really really scared!

Ruthie xxx

You could move them in a glass with paper under it, but like Webble says, they are good at keeping nasty flies away!

i see spiders sometimes there good keep flies anway like said above :)
dont kill them there your friend :lol:

OH tried to do the glass thing but they were too b###dy big for the glass!!
:(

Ruthie xxx

I had one like that last year - I put a saucepan on it. Then didn't dare get close enough to lift it off again, so used an umbrella to hook under the handle from a distance. OH was out, and doesn't believe there are spiders so big they don't fit under glasses :(

Wht about bunny thats his friend! They also eat flies that lay maggots so as much as you hate them I would thank them for choosing your bunny to protect!
Perhaps just ask them if they could stay hidden while your about as your scared of them (they'll laugh at you as they are tiny in comparison to you and they are actually terriefied of you) :lol:

I guess so I will just have to very brave I guess :shock:
I have never ever seen a spider this big in my life not in person
It wouldn't be so bad if they were smaller but noooo the massive ones chose Bumble!
I think I have just managed to check Bumble's bum for flystrike and I think it was ok- Bumble has now flopped and is breathing fast as she gets very scared being picked up. I had to do with my glasses half hanging off as she knocked them off!

Ruthie xxx

Just be grateful they don't bite ... :lol: :lol:

We are very, very lucky in this country that our spiders are indeed our friends, not our enemies. They will be more scared of you than you are of it (although it won't feel like it I know) but please be gentle and kind so it doesn't feel threatened. After all, one stamp of your foot and it's gone. It knows that. :)

As others have said they are a rabbits best friend, i am however totally terrified of them. I have heard of a tried and tested kind way to keep them away, and that is conkers (doesn't help you now though) but the spiders really dont like the smell of them

Wow that is really good to know for future although i really will need something giant for the ones who's taken to living near Bumble!

Ruthie xxx

Wow that is really good to know for future although i really will need something giant for the ones who's taken to living near Bumble!

Ruthie xxx

Aw I hate those ones :( I have a special pint glass for them cos that has the biggest opening. Or a little bowl might do it.

I have told Bumble to tell the spiders they can stay if they stay hidden and keep her safe from flies! :lol:
Oh hope to god that this is what they do

Ruthie xxx

I think you are very brave leaving the spiders where they are :shock: I don't think I could leave them if I knew I was going to be sticking hands/head inside the hutch!

Back