• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding advice

Bunnies1

Young Bun
Hi,

Looking for some bonding advice please?...My youngest 2 rabbits got in beside each other last night. :? I have no idea how it happened. The rabbits in question are Marley (male) and Chi-Chi (female) who was spayed back in March. I bought Marley in May. Ever since the end of May, they have had half of what use to be a large bedroom separated by chicken wire as their area, so they've seen each other all day every day for the last 3 months nearly. I swap them round for a few hours every day so they don't get bored, (even though they have more toys than the pet shop could offer) But last night I came home and somehow Marley had got in beside Chi-Chi. :shock: There was the typical fur everywhere, but no one was hurt. I have no idea how long they were in there but judging by the fur amount, I think it was a while. I separated them out of panic and now I'm wondering if I done the wrong thing. Should I have just left them, seen as they had sorted things out? Do I put them back together? I make it worse by panicking so much and I think they play up more when I'm there. What should I do now? Any advice would be great.

Thanks again :)

If you intend to bond them then it's better to plan it carefully and do it when you're able to give them the time they need. It's also better for Marley to be neutered as well as Chi-Chi spayed (can't see if you say Marley is neutered).

I think you also need to find a way to secure it so they can't get in together again, but hopefully in due course you can bond them properly and they can be happy together :)

Back