• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The cabrio carrier U/D!

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from the which is the best carrier thread earlier, I was thinking of getting the Cabrio Carrier

What do people think of it, and is it good for cats as well as bunsters. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Ice pads work to keep them cool ;) or a frozen water bottle under towels.

Alice @ windwhistle has a few because she liked mine, and Mazda on here got one for christmas. :)

I've got two of them but I rarely use them now as I find them very heavy and bulky. My bunnies are on average 2.8kg each, I can't get two in the carrier for the 40 minute trip to our vets (a bit too cramped). The carriers are a lot heavier than all the other carriers I've got so if I did add 5.6 kg to that and had another carrier besides (ie not being able to swap hands) its VERY heavy. I'm actually on the look out for a lighter weight top opening carrier.

Last edited:
I've got two of them but I rarely use them now as I find them very heavy and bulky. My bunnies are on average 2.8kg each, I can't get two in the carrier for the 40 minute trip to our vets (a bit to cramped). The carriers are a lot heavier than all the other carriers I've got so if I did add 5.6 kg to that and had another carrier besides (ie not being able to swap hands) its VERY heavy. I'm actually on the look out for a lighter weight top opening carrier.

I know what you mean about weight. My two are 2kg combined, but I used to have to carry the carrier, with them in it..... a whole 15 minute walk to my car. It hurt! LOL.

I do have an IDEAL carrier though.... its lighter, has a mesh door and mesh roof door. I have no idea what make it is though..... I bought it YEARS ago. Its at my mums house though..... *huff* Slightly bigger than the cabrio though.

But then again, the Cabrio is designed to be very sturdy as it is for air travel too. :)

If its suitable for an adult cat then I'm sure it'll be ok for my bunsters, I think its bigger than the one I have now that they squeeze into. Will have to do some measuring!

I think theyre brilliant, the nurses at the vets love them, so much easier to get bunnies in and out with the top opening the way it does :wave:

I have it - it's mega :D:wave:

It's all Fluffers' fault ;)

ETA. I do find them heavy but fortunately I never have to carry them far. My rabbits are between 1.3 and 2.1 and two fit in perfectly, they can lay down with some room to spare.

Back